Inspector PWDRO306 G528514 1st
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas US
Job Number: 9589
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01329786 Date posted 06/25/2019 City Grand Prairie State Texas Country United States
United States of America
PW133: Arlington 1177 Great Southwest Pkwy, Grand Prairie, TX, 75050 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Inspector to be based in Grand Prairie, Tx.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The position is responsible for receiving and receive-in inspection functions. The position is responsible for following all training and procedures to include inventory control, proper handling of material, recording and inspection of engine parts to ensure 100% parts and associated paperwork accountability. In addition, you will provide efficient receiving turn time to meet production goals and engine delivery schedules.
- Receive-in inspection functions of material and non-product.
- Plan inspection sequence and inspection layouts, and use a variety of precision measuring instruments and equipment to perform less complex inspection operations.
- Align with all training required, including warehouse procedures in receiving, receive-in inspection and materials handling procedures.
- Work with the Materials organization to troubleshoot materials issues.
- Assign in-coming nonconforming parts and non-product items to the appropriate warehouse location to ensure quality requirements are met.
- Perform and assist in warehouse and engine logistics.
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S and continuous improvement programs by following all policies and procedures, completing all required training and supporting all applicable committee activities
- High school diploma or GED
- US Citizenship due to government contracts or permanent residency status
- 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Six months experience in quality inspection
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SAP
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
This is a FAA Safety-sensitive position, subject to FAA drug and alcohol program regulations
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01329786
Community / Marketing Title: Inspector PWDRO306 G528514 1st
Location_formattedLocationLong: Grand Prairie, Texas US