Associate Engineer, Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 9578
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01319722 Date posted 06/25/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry. Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a great opportunity for an Associate Engineer in Aguadilla Puerto Rico.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes. Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means. Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components. Includes circuit theory and electrical design and development of communication solutions, navigation solutions, and avionics.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS
- Uses and applies electrical engineering principles and techniques to design, develop, document, verify, support, and test hardware of low to moderate complexity for airborne and ground communication products.
- Assist in the creates and captures hardware circuit card design documentation, including requirements, block diagrams, schematics, and test description documentation.
- Asist in trade studies as needed and select components necessary to implement the requirements
- Supports creation and release of circuit card assembly documentation (including Bill of Material) and printed wiring board documentation
- Performs pre-layout and post-layout analyses and simulations (signal integrity, power integrity, etc.)
- Performs test, debug, verification and integration of electronics
OTHER MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools.
- Support project management activities.
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
- Bachelorâ€s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- No experience required
- English fluency (verbal and written)
- Good communication and presentation skills in English (verbal and written).
- Demonstrate knowledge of Electrical circuit design principles, processes and methodologies
- Ability to design Digital and/or radio frequency (RF) electrical circuits based on functional specifications.
- Familiar with a schematic capture tool (examples: Mentor xDxDesigner, Altium, Cadence, EAGLE, KiCAD, PADS etc.) for creation of circuit card designs
- Ability to produce technical documentation, including specifications, bills of material, hardware design documents, and test plans
- Familiar with basic engineering test equipment, including oscilloscopes, multimeters, spectrum analyzers, power meters, network analyzers.
- Works on assigned tasks under direct to moderate supervision
- Strong teamwork skills
- Self-motivated and result-driven. Customer focused and quality oriented.
- Experience with circuit board designs including knowledge of Printed Circuit Board layout and routing rules
- Knowledge of Digital circuit design parameters (examples: throughput, rise time, clock frequencies, propagation delay, line impedance). Includes knowledge of computer hardware components (e.g., processors, memory, interfaces), and characteristics (e.g., throughput, processing architecture, timing, capacity).
- Familiar with serial interfaces (examples: Ethernet, I2C, USB, LVDS, PCI, PCIe, SPI, RS-232, etc.).
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency characteristics (examples: s-parameters, insertion loss, return loss, signal-to-noise ratio, sensitivity, selectivity, adjacent channel rejection, bit-error-rate)
- Knowledge of radio frequency circuit design parameters (examples: impedance matching, noise figure, 3rd order intercept point, filter design, phase noise, frequency translation planning)
- Familiar with RF and microwave design tools (examples: ADS, HFSS, NEC, Spice, MathCAD, Matlab
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01319722
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Engineer, Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US