Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9549
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01326701 Date posted 06/19/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity supporting our Module Engineering Team based in E. Hartford, CT. We are seeking an ambitious and focused individual to join our team as a Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) Business Manager on a major engine program.
As Business Manager, you will:
- Integrate, analyze and report data to the engineering CIPT Leads
- Prepare data needed to support high-quality Earned Value (EV) management and reporting
- Work with the individual engineering Control Account Managers (CAMs) across multiple CIPTs and the corresponding Program Office
- Identify budget estimates and support proposals
- Track monthly costs and staffing levels
- Support the manpower process, communicating risks and opportunities.
- Meet program timelines and run cost and schedule risks for your assigned programs
- Bachelorâ€s degree
- 3+ years of work experience
- US Citizenship due to government program requirements
- Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- MBA a plus
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and trending skills
- Focus on results and the ability to drive tasks to completion
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working across functions, organizations and all levels of management
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles
- Ability to craft clear communication and develop meaningful relationships
- Knowledge of Program Management toolsets and concepts
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP
This role is a meaningful and rewarding career development opportunity if you are seeking a career in Engineering, Engineering Finance, Program Finance or Program Management.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01326701
Community / Marketing Title: Business Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US