Engine Technician - F135
Location: Fort Worth, Texas US
Job Number: 9540
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01322110 Date posted 06/18/2019 City Fort Worth State Texas Country United States
United States of America
PW206: Fort Worth 200 Lockheed Blvd, Fort Worth, TX, 76108 USA
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world. This is a phenomenal opportunity at our site in Fort Worth, Texas! We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products. Do you have the experience to join our Team? Are you looking for an exciting role that is integral to the success of our company? An opportunity exists for you to join us in the role of Engine Technician on 2nd shift!
Your Typical duties:
- You will perform the work necessary to ensure engine production requirements and ensure quality standards are met for the overhaul and repair or test of F-135 engines or modules and associated new technologies.
- This role will include engines installed in the F 35 Aircraft as well as uninstalled engines in the back shop environment. You should have an understanding of maintenance information provided by team leaders through coordination with Technical Leads, Immediate Supervisor and Site Manager.
- Interface and oversee with various other functions (Quality, Local FSR's, BEM's, Customers; U.S Air Force, LMAC etc.) to resolve issues and ensure timely product delivery. Complete the work priorities and assigned day-to-day tasks necessary to build, test and inspect Pratt and Whitney F135 gas turbine engines.
- Be able to travel domestically and internationally to support temporary duty assignments / contractor field teams. 20 percent travel.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- 1+ year of experience in the tear-down, build-up or inspection of jet engines.
- Due to Government Contracts you must be a United States Citizen
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance within 12 months of starting this position
- 3+ year Â work experienceÂ within MRO/Flightline Maintenance/Military or Commercial Turbo Fan or Turbo Jet
- Current Secret Clearance
- A&P License (Current)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01322110
Community / Marketing Title: Engine Technician - F135
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fort Worth, Texas US