Senior Engineer, Software Engineering-ASIC/FPGA for Verification
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 9533
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01315167 Date posted 06/18/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting new opening for a Senior Software Engineer in Aguadilla Puerto Rico
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition. Ensures hardware and software standards are met. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use. May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use. May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards. Includes control modeling (model based design).
Major Area of Responsibilities
- Work directly with verification environment architecture and design using SystemVerilog with OVM/UVM.
- Lead creation and review of written test cases, code coverage tracking, and functional coverage tracking.
- Testbench implementation and verification of a wide variety of high-performance digital ASICs and FPGAs for signal processing and information assurance applications.
- Testbench development for the verification of RTL blocks using VHDL or SystemVerilog
- Recommend new tools and practices for continuous improvement in the group's ASIC / FPGA verification flow.
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools.
- Support project management activities.
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
- Bachelorâ€s degree in Computer Electrical, Software Engineering or Computer Science*. *Bachelor in Computer Science needs to include 18 credits hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and applied mathematics and 10 credit hours in natural science including physics is required
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 5 years of related experience as a Software Engineer
- Good communication and presentation skills in English (verbal and written).
- Execute Testbench development for the verification of RTL blocks using VHDL and/or SystemVerilog
- Proficiency using ASIC and/or FPGA simulation and synthesis tools (e.g. Questasim, Synplify, Modelsim, FPGA-specific tools)
- Experience with chip-level verification techniques and languages (e.g. constrained random, functional coverage, SystemVerilog)
- Ability to work independently, as a part of a team of engineers with a variety of skills and backgrounds, matrixed into projects with aggressive schedules and frequent milestones
- English fluency (verbal and written)
- ASIC / FPGA lab validation with lab equipment (e.g. Osciliscopes, Logic Analyzers)
- Experience with revision control concepts and tools (e.g. Subversion, ClearCase, Git, RCS)
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming concepts (e.g. Java, C++, SystemVerilog OVM/UVM)
- Experience with Unix, scripting, C, Python, and/or Perl
- Digital circuit architecture, design, and resource tradeoffs
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01315167
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Engineer, Software Engineering-ASIC/FPGA for Verification
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US