Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Location: Wichita Falls, Texas US
Job Number: 9506
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01326788 Date posted 06/17/2019 City Wichita Falls State Texas Country United States
United States of America
PW135: Wichita Falls 3101 Hammon Road, Wichita Falls, TX, 76310 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a great opportunity for you to join the team as an Environmental Health & Safety Manager. Â If you are looking for a challenging role in a progressive and growing organization, this role is for you.
- Responsible for driving the culture of the Environmental, Health, and Safety program at the Wichita Falls facility
- Manage a staff that includes an EHS Coordinator and EHS Pilot
- Lead implementation of the UTC and Pratt & Whitney EH&S Management system
- Lead the site EH&S Council along with the site General Manager
- Oversight for all applicable federal, state, and local regulations as well as company policies and procedures (Applicable safety programs include LOTO, electrical safety, machine guarding, elevated work, confined space, industrial hygiene, risk assessment, blood borne pathogens, powered industrial vehicles, respirator protection and hearing conservation)
- Manage a robust environmental program which includes waste water permitting, RCRA waste management, site air permit, storm water no exposure certification, x-ray and laser registrations
- Coordinate the Workersâ€ Compensation process, first aid and injury reporting
- Lead efforts to continuously improve EH&S performance and operations, including improvement programs and corrective actions, environmental protection projects, conservation activities, and integration of EH&S initiatives into overall business operations
- Provide strategic leadership of EH&S initiatives across the PW-WF site (ergonomics, industrial hygiene, engineering controls, PPE, waste management, etc.)
- Interface with government agencies to maintain regulatory compliance (audits, annual reports, permit applications, etc.)
- Work with Human Resources to implement EHS training requirements
- BA/BS in Occupational/ EnvironmentalÂ Health Â andÂ Safety or a similar field with 7+ years of experience in an EH&S and/or manufacturing role;Â OR MA/MS in Occupational/ EnvironmentalÂ Health Â andÂ Safety or a similar field with 5+ years of experience in an EH&S and/or manufacturing role
- Ability to set vision and demonstrate sense of urgency across organizations to provide actionable improvement programs and maintain a safe and efficient workplace
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements and EH&S policies, procedures, and programs
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and exceptional interpersonal communications
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01326788
Community / Marketing Title: Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wichita Falls, Texas US