Technology Site Lead, Infrastructure Operations, West Palm Beach, FL
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 9491
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01326713 Date posted 06/13/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Digital Technology - Global Remote Site Readiness team provides a reliable, stable, and compliant IT foundation that allows the company to operate at a peak level of performance at all times. The Infrastructure Site Lead will be the main point of contact for all IT Infrastructure relatedprojects, requests, and issues at the local site, and will work with the local management team, vendors, and other IT team members to maintain the highest possible level of service at our facilities in West Palm Beach, FL.
- Be responsible for all IT Infrastructure components at the site; including desktops, servers, storage, WAN, and LAN.
- Work with approved vendors to deliver world-class infrastructure services to all employees & contractors at the site.
- Coordination of activities across multiple sites within the West Palm Beach area.
- Deliver local infrastructure projects on time and on budget.
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensure that the site complies with laws, industry best practices, UTC and Pratt & Whitney policies, and architectural standards.
- Fully document all work performed.
- Facilitate local audits and ensure corrective actions are completed on time.
- Work with business partners to design specific solutions that meet the needs of the local business.
- Act as an escalation point for any infrastructure issues.
- Provide in-depth root cause analysis when necessary.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
The position requires strong teamwork and communication, and collaboration with site management, outsourced IT partners, customers, security, compliance officials and other members of the DT organization. A strong desire to continue to learn and remain on the forefront of relevant technologies is essential.
- Advanced degrees preferred.
- IT related technical certifications preferred.
- Project Management/ITIL certifications a plus.
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow, or other similar Service Desk tools.
- Understanding of complex engineering applications, including TeamCenter, Ansys, UG/NX, etc.
- Windows and Unix/Linux experience.
- Experience within an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Project Management certifications with a history of delivering IT projects on time and on budget, and the ability to recognize areas for process improvement.
- Excellent customer service skills required providing a high level of service to satisfy/fulfill internal or external needs accurately in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate business needs and interpret high level business requirements, and liaise between business customers, technology teams and support teams.
- Experienced generating documentation, Standard work policies and procedures.
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience.
- Ability to work in a high energy, fast paced environment, able to adapt to changing business needs.
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results.
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates.
- You're comfortable working with minimal daily supervision and to balance numerous priorities.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands.
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization.
- You're a great teammate with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity.
- Six-Sigma, Process Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments.
- Executive presentation experience and comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership. Lead, facilitate and manage change effectively.
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01326713
Community / Marketing Title: Technology Site Lead, Infrastructure Operations, West Palm Beach, FL
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US