OKC Coatings Technician
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 9485
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01327028 Date posted 06/13/2019 City Midwest City State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed?
Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow?
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Associate Coatings Technician to be based in Midwest City, Oklahoma at Tinkers Air Force Base.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
Job will include working manual and automated equipment.
- Adjust the operating parameters for all of these operations per specifications
- Adjust and maintain equipment and related consumables as needed to meet required process parameters
- Assist in development of coating process development by preparing and spraying lab test specimens for composition and thickness
- Check work visually and with precision gages (includes micrometers & calipers)
- Perform setup of required fixtures, masks, programs, and coating materials for all processes in production for the business unit
- Communicate difficulties to leader or supervisor
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment to minimize machine downtime.
- Obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits or certifications as required
- Perform additional tasks in support of business objectives and/or to develop the individuals' skills
- Handle processes related waste in accordance with approved documented work instructions
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Will need to be able to pass a drug screen and a background check equivalent to U.S. government security clearance requirements.
- Must have necessary clearances to perform all operator processes at business unit.
- Ability to use a computer and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- This position requires an individual who is detail oriented.
- Accuracy in work performed is a requirement.
- Must be able to work overtime
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. required.
- High School diploma or GED
- High school education or GED
- Must be a US Citizen due to federal contracts
- Necessary clearance to perform job
- 2 or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- mechanically inclined and can use power/hand tools
- Preferred candidates have an active security clearance.
- Ideal candidate must be able to obtain and maintain required clearances.
- 1 or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- mechanically inclined and can use power and hand tools
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01327028
Community / Marketing Title: OKC Coatings Technician
Location_formattedLocationLong: Midwest City, Oklahoma US