Location: Springdale, Arkansas US
Job Number: 9416
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01324666 Date posted 06/07/2019 City Springdale State Arkansas Country United States
United States of America
PW108: Springdale AR 275 E Robinson Avenue, Springdale, AR, 72764 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? You will be part of a rare, evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of engines on the market. As part of this diverse team, you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Do you have the experience to join our Team?
We are currently searching for an Environment, Health and Safety Generalist to join our team in Springdale, AR. Responsible to ensure, at a minimum, company compliance with existing, new and emerging federal, state and international environmental, health and safety regulations. This requires the knowledge and technical expertise to develop and deploy environmental, health and safety policies, systems, programs and processes. This position is for an established EH&S professional.
Position supports multiple shifts and requires flexibility to respond to shift issues. This includes occasional on site visits during second shift and weekend operations.
- Technical knowledge of EH&S processes and procedures. Applies these processes and implements improvements to established procedures.
- Executes initiatives, programs, procedures, reports, permits and trainings across multiple EH& S disciplines, as required to achieve and maintain compliance.
- Application of methods and techniques for hazard identification, risk assessment and control.
- Conducts regulatory review and impacts analysis of moderate scope and complexity. Initiates process changes as needed.
- Conducts full site inspections and participates in compliance audits, including OSHA VPP and ISO 14001.
- Collects and manages data and maintains data records. Compiles and prepares reports and permit applications; analyzes for trends.
- Support and coach EH&S teams and subcommittees.
- Assists and develops materials for EH&S training and communications on subjects required by regulations including conducting EH&S training events.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance.
- Assists with written and spoken internal and external communication. May help prepare reports, respond to surveys, develop and maintain documents, and contribute to website content.
- Ability to coordinate, facilitate, implement and maintain management systems in accordance with the UTC EH&S Management System
- Monitors environmental sustainability indicators, such as energy usage, natural resource usage, waste generation, and recycling.
- Manages relationships across other departments to achieve and maintain compliance with EH&S regulations and UTC requirements.
- Interact with employees and promote relationships, learn the task employees perform and be known as a resource to the employees at the site. Work toward building partnerships and influencing across the site and committees to provide actionable improvement programs and facilitate the site EH&S programs
- Has responsibility for multiple EH&S specialties.
- BA/BS degree in related field with 5+ years EHS experience, or MA/MS degree with EHS experience with 3+ years related experience
- Must be a US Citizen due to contracts
- Strong understanding of factory equipment, manufacturing operations, and EH&S management systems.
- Adaptable to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy within a diverse organization
- Experience and knowledge in OSHA health and safety regulations as well as regulatory programs such as elevated work, lock out tag out (LOTO), machine guarding, industrial hygiene monitoring, confined space, ergonomics, risk assessment, etc.
- Continuous Improvement experience e.g. ACE, Six Sigma, LEAN etc. strongly desired
- Strong leadership, teamwork, technical, interpersonal, organizational, project management written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in leading a team, as well as proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Capable of working with a wide range of employees from the General Manager to shop floor and provide team leadership when required to meet goals
- Demonstrated knowledge in EH&S Regulatory and management systems, including compliance with all local/state/federal regulations in regards to health and safety programs
- Additional certifications, such as CSP, CIH. CHMM or CEM strongly preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01324666
Community / Marketing Title: EHS Generalist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Springdale, Arkansas US