Digital Technologies Manager, SAP HCM/FI/CO Applications
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9348
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01322419 Date posted 05/30/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We are looking for hardworking, enthusiastic, and career-minded individual to join our Finance Applications team. You will have the opportunity to design and implement solutions across a wide range of use cases for finance processes.
With several ongoing finance initiatives, you will work alongside a highly skilled team to deliver results for our customers. This person will assume a combination of business analyst and project management responsibilities working with our customers, partners, and the digital team to build and deliver new solutions to meet Pratt & Whitneyâ€s growing finance labor collection application needs.
To be successful in this position, you will assume ownership of digital technology projects and the SAP labor collection solutions. You'll be responsible for the setup and delivery of aftermarket finance solutions US domestic and international sites.
Execution of projects will include the use of internal and external resources to meet business partner requirements. You will assist in the evaluation of new solutions for integration into the aftermarket finance applications stack.
This role requires strong hands-on project management and technical oversight throughout the Agile or Waterfall (SDLC) software and system development process, including:
- Project schedule and budget tracking and accountability
- Strong customer collaboration and communication skills during software development, test, deployment and sustainment
- Experience in managing software development partners to meet schedule, functionality and cost targets.
The IT applications and technologies associated with this position include:
- SAP ERP Suite on HANA (MM, SD, IM, WM,PM, PS)
- SAP GTS
- SQL Server, Message Broker, MQ Series,
- IBM Websphere, WebLogic, XML, Cloud, Hadoop
- IFS-Maintenix Java, .NET, Oracle,
Your career opportunities include access and exposure to airline customers, technical experts, global business operations, continuous improvement activities, and middle and senior P&W management. Few positions offer such a broad opportunity to network with technical personnel and to build relationships with leaders of key business operations.
- Moderate domestic and international travel (5-10%) may be required
- Due to customer locations in different time zones, customer meetings can occur outside normal business work hours
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred fields of study include Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems or similar technology field
- Advanced degree preferred
- You are a U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required) in any of the preferred fields
- Minimum 5+ years of general project management experience related to Enterprise Technology Business Systems or Infrastructure Technology
- Advanced degrees preferred
- 7+ years of advanced project management experience leading technical project teams, strategy and implementation related to broad technologies found within a large aerospace manufacturing corporation
- Customer facing collaboration and teaming skills in developing and deploying new applications aligned with PWâ€s digital transformation
- Expert level knowledge of SAP R/3 ERP configuration, customization and deployment experience (SAP Modules- MM, SD, IM, WM, PM, PS) and SAP GTS, deployment of applications on Java and .NET, Oracle and SQL server, Message Broker, MQ Series, Websphere, WebLogic, XML, Cloud, Hadoop, Web technologies and protocols
- Fluency with ITIL framework and processes and ITIL certification(s) a strong plus
- Certified PMP with history of project management, process development and/or implementation that span organizational boundaries and experience with Agile and/or Waterfall (SDLC) project management methodologies
- Overall understanding of enterprise architecture and standards
- Knowledge of technical computing infrastructure technologies, including servers, storage and wide area and local area networking
- Working knowledge of P&W standard business, engineering and manufacturing applications, with an ability to correlate the impact of business workload against system performance behavior
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience
- Advanced interpersonal skills required including good written and oral communication capability
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization
- You're a great teammate with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity
- Executive presentation experience and comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership. Lead, facilitate and manage change effectively
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01322419
Community / Marketing Title: Digital Technologies Manager, SAP HCM/FI/CO Applications
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US