Engineer, Software Engineering
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 9312
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01314906 Date posted 05/28/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
We have a new opportunity for Engineer, Software Engineering in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Resolves end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition. Ensures standards are met. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use. May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use. May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards. Includes control modeling (model based design).
- Performs all aspects of software requirements decomposition, design, programming and integration / test assignments with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for compliance with software standards and conventions.
- Designs and builds changes, extensions and improvements to existing application programs.
- Work with data migration, data conversion, data loading, and performance improvement.
- Designs and develops integrations between applications using application programming interfaces.
- Prepares operating instructions and compiles documentation of program development.
- Support the development of test plans and conducting functional and performance testing.
- Provides patches and upgrades to existing systems.
- Responsible for working with users with investigating operational problems/system requirements.
- Solve user inquiries that arise during day-to-day operation and documents system design changes.
- Uses independent discernment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools.
- Support project management activities.
Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electrical, Software Engineering or Computer Science.*Bachelor in Computer Science needs to include 12-18 credits hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and applied mathematics and 10-15 credit hours in natural science including physics is required.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- English fluency (verbal and written)
- Good communication and presentation skills in English (verbal and written).
- 3 years of related experience software engineer
- Experience in analysis, design and development of simple applications or portions of more complex applications for real time embedded systems.
- Ability to develop/modify programs based on functional specifications
- Experience conducting test planning & unit- tests
- Experience in code review or performance monitoring
- Experience in C/C++ or C# (ADA is a plus)
- Works on assigned tasks under moderate supervision
- Strong teamwork skills
- Familiar with Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
- Proficiency in software development using Ada, C/C++, C#, or Jovial in an embedded real time system environment
- Knowledge of Linux kernel development, Linux device drivers, or the creation of software applications using Qt
- Knowledge of Agile software development, Information Assurance, and Software Assurance
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01314906
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer, Software Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US