F100 Customer Support Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9273
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01320922 Date posted 05/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you are part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it, and as part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Have you considered what it may be like to work with Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have an opportunity for an Engineer to join our team.
Do you have the experience we are looking for?
The F100 engine program has an opening for a motivated, self-starting Cold Section/Mechanical Systems Hardware Customer Support Engineer. As part of Military Support and Services, resolve technical issues on Cold Section engine hardware by performing the following activities:
- Lead field investigations and drive corrective action
- Provide support to Field Service Representatives and customers at US Bases and non-US locations, as well as program management
- Author Position Papers to convey Pratt and Whitney's technical and logistical recommendations to different field locations
- Develop logistics plans and implement corrective actions
- Coordinate teams that are sent out to customer locations for special inspections, data collection, and evaluation of designs
- Drive customer satisfaction by influencing the design for supportability, maintainability, and life cycle cost
- Develop maintenance procedures and coordinate with customer for incorporation and updates
- Bring forward technical issues and propose solutions to internal management team and external customers during high level meetings
- Present Safety and Reliability issues to the Regular F100 internal safety and reliability meetings
- Coordinate and present technical issues in support of customer conferences
- Support the forecasting of hardware usage rates at Flight Line, Depot and Intermediate Maintenance
- Lead the CIPT and provide support for system activities in developing and executing field implementation plans for new configuration hardware
- Coordinate activity to resolve issues affecting engine readiness and customer satisfaction
- B.S. in Engineering or Technical Degree
- 5+ years of technical experience or engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience with an advanced degree
- U.S. Citizen due to Federal Contracts
- Familiarity with jet engine hardware, maintenance and operations, particularly Cold Section Engine Components.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01320922
Community / Marketing Title: F100 Customer Support Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US