Coatings Applicator (LG 05)
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 9264
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01320036 Date posted 05/24/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity based in West Palm Beach, FL. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the next opportunity you've been looking for.Â Opportunities exist for you to join us as our next Coatings Applicator! â€< The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered Do you have the experience to join our Team? Are you looking for an exciting role that is integral to the success of our company? Typical duties you will preform:
- Unload, prep and package products used in coatings process. Participate in set up of machines and tooling; perform routine maintenance of equipment as required.
- Use hand-cleaning methods to clean parts to be treated and coated. Perform various operations on parts including bake, paint, and unclassified laser processes. Perform masking and de-masking operations; craft and remove parts into holding fixtures
- Perform assembly of components to parts. Operate tools of varying complexity to treat applications to parts; operate equipment of varying complexity including robots, hand tools and computers and computer programs.
- Run manual and automated equipment, ovens and furnaces, media equipment cleaning operations and hole drilling equipment, where methods and processes are developed and closely controlled.
- Monitor and document coatings processes using high precision metrology equipment to measure and record results of work in progress and finished products.
- Follow EHS procedures including maintaining compliance to certification requirements and use appropriate PPE for each assigned task; make recommendations to improve ergonomics, health and safety of work
- This position requires that an active security clearance be maintained through the position duration.
- You should have a well-rounded knowledge of manufacturing practices and methods including the application and characteristics of coatings, powders and other materials. Use of applied mathematics including algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and basic lab testing procedures as well as the ability to read and interpret complicated drawings and specifications, and use a variety of precision measuring instruments
- Set up, adjust, and operate a wide variety of manually and numerically-controlled auxiliary equipment in support of coating operations, within assigned area.
- Check work both visually and with gauges provided.
- Clean out coating chambers during changeovers; clean make minor repairs to fixturing, such as removing and replacing broken bolts or details
- Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions (such as operatorâ€s checklist) for upkeep to assure equipment operates properly.
- High School Diploma/ GED
- 2+ year of previous work experience with coating application processes and techniques
- 1+ years experience reading and interpreting 2D drives, Micrometers and Calipers
- 1+ years experience use fixed or variable measuring instruments to check dimensions
- Ability to understand and work form operation sheets, simple drawings, and process operation procedures.
- Ability to attain and maintain Secret Clearance
- 4+ year of previous work experience with Coatings/Laser Drilling/Masking/ Grit Blasting
- 2+ years experience reading and interpreting 2D drives, Micrometers and Calipers and Robotics Experience (Fanuc)
- Currently Active Secret Clearance (Attained within the past 5 years)â€<
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01320036
Community / Marketing Title: Coatings Applicator (LG 05)
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US