F135 Quality Lead
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9215
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01318859 Date posted 05/17/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. The Military Engines Program Quality organization has an opportunity for you to join the Program Quality Management team as an F135 Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) Quality Leader (QL).
In this role, you will lead and support activities to drive the quality performance of the F135 latest generation fighter engine program during the ongoing component improvement development program, production and sustainment engine life cycles. You will engage with our Engineering, Quality and Government customer teams to find opportunities and drive improvements within the manufacturing base (internal and external to P&W) which supports the continuous quality improvement for our program. If you are looking for a hands-on, technically challenging role in a progressive and growing organization, this role is for you.
- Provide the CIPT/ IPT with the Quality Leadership and guidance to maintain and improve our overall part producibility, while ensuring compliance to our P&W Management System as described in our Integrated Program Deployment procedure (PW 1.5 L2)
- Validate KPCs and provide recommendations to Process and Design Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (PFMEA and DFMEA), risk mitigation plans, quality processes and continuous improvement
- Ensuring all stakeholders have evaluated and agreed on inspectability of designs
- Validate that high risk parts have been identified and risk mitigation plans are established and executed effectively
- Work with the CIPT reviewing and monitoring quality performance data (QNLI, UPPAP, ProCert, LQN ) through all IPD phases to continuously improve part quality
- Evaluating quality performance of suppliers selected to manufacture parts
- Providing periodic summary reports on quality performance to management and our external government customers
- Monitor quality performance data, manufacturing part requirements (cost, schedule, process), risk mitigation plans, publish quality metrics, and provide periodic assessments to program quality targets
- Provide input, guidance and support the CIPT on targets for product safety, performance, quality/manufacturability, reliability, and service life
- Travel may be up to 10%
- Bachelor's Degree and 7+ years of quality assurance, manufacturing operations, and/or engineering experience OR an advanced degree with 5+ years of experience
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Knowledge of those processes and procedures associated with direct part producer support
- Experience in technical quality area, strong technical background
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management and external customers
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01318859
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Quality Lead
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US