Engine Technician at Hickam AFB Honolulu
Location: Costa Mesa, California US
Job Number: 8932
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01310990 Date posted 04/24/2019 City Costa Mesa State California Country United States
United States of America
CACOS: Costa Mesa California 2955 Red Hill Avenue, Costa Mesa, CA, 92626 USA
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Candidate will be performing the work necessary to disassemble, inspect, repair, assemble, and test (as required) Pratt & Whitney F119-PW-100 gas turbine engines and associated new technologies. Candidate will work in a team environment with Field Service Representatives, Engineering, and our customers to provide world-class maintenance and support.
This job is located at Hickam Air Force Base in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Typical duties will include:
- Full and intermediate maintenance/repair on engines, modules, and components.
- Routine/preventative maintenance of support equipment.
- Local support for investigations and process improvement activity, management of process related waste in accordance with approved work instructions, and additional tasks in support of business objectives.
- Candidate must also be able to work atop maintenance platforms, ascend/descend maintenance stands, lift 25 pounds to a height of 4 feet, and position oneself to perform maintenance/inspections underneath engine rails and inside the exhaust duct with or without reasonable accommodation. clearance.
The successful candidate must perform the work necessary to disassemble, inspect, repair, assemble, and test (as required) P&W F119-PW-100 gas turbine engines and associated new technologies.
Education / Certifications: High School diploma or GED required. A&P License Preferred.
Basic Qualifications: - High School Diploma or GED
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance (due to Federal Contracts)
- 3 years minimum experience in the disassembly, inspection, and assembly of Gas Turbine Jet Engine
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and basic computer controls.
- 7+ years' experience in Aerospace Industry / Military Aircraft
- Airframe And Powerplant License
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01310990
Community / Marketing Title: Engine Technician at Hickam AFB Honolulu
Location_formattedLocationLong: Costa Mesa, California US