Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8864
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01309709 Date posted 04/17/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Material Servicer in East Hartford, Connecticut.
- Perform a wide variety of material processing tasks within an assigned area.
- Utilize computer to query various screens to retrieve pertinent information, make adjustments to inventories and record transactions.
- Work function and material type may vary per assigned area or location.
- Follow established methods, procedures and practices to receive, store, issue and transport a variety of materials such as rough stores, finished parts, consumable inventory, tooling and gages.
- Perform pick and pack, kitting and shipping operations to fulfill in the plant and outside customer requirements.
- Ensure all hard copy documentation of transactions is correct, complete and entered electronically into system as required.
- Operate and maintain centralized cribs, mini cribs or automated dispensing equipment throughout shop areas. Maintain adequate levels of supplies and consumable material based on area needs.
- Support the assigned area by providing information and fulfilling special requests for approved items.
- Operate manual and automated storage retrieval systems.
- Perform physical inventory counts and item number verification to ensure proper levels of required materials are on hand or ready for distribution.
- Record findings and make adjustments to database.
- Operate a variety of packing and labeling equipment.
- Follow approved packing methods to prevent damage to parts during transport.
- Provide inside and outside material transportation services.
- Ensure loads are properly secured to prevent damage during transit.
- May be required to operate a variety of materials handling equipment including stackers, fork trucks, vans or pick-ups.
- Operate forklift or hoists to load or remove engines from or to flatbed or box trucks.
- Perform functions necessary to ship, receive, store and distribute a wide variety of materials from internal and external sources.
- Check shipping containers for damage that may occur in transit.
- Make sure that all related documentation is accurate and complete, and that material is entered into the electronic system.
- Refer difficulties to leader or supervisor.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individuals' skills.
- May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications within assigned area.
- This is a 1st shift opportunity from 7:00am -3:30pm. Possible overtime.
- Must be willing to travel to another Pratt and Whitney location in Middletown, Connecticut at least a few times a week to unload larger products.
- High School Diploma or GED
- High School Diploma or GED
- You must to be a US Citizen due to federal contracts
0-2 year's relevant experience in shipping and receiving
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to create a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
An Extraordinary Place To Work!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01309709
Community / Marketing Title: Material Servicer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US