Production Tooling Project Engineer
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8826
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01308326 Date posted 04/11/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered. Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry. The Engine Center (EC) Assembly Engineering Organization is seeking a highly-motivated and capable individual responsible for defining and implementing new production tooling technology on the assembly lines. The implementation of Advanced Manufacturing and Digital technology will support the production of Commercial and Military Engines in Middletown, CT and West Palm Beach, Florida. The implementation lead responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the selection and implementation of advanced manufacturing and digital technology utilized during engine assembly is consistently and accurately applied to meet the Engineering Product Definition across multiple production sites.
- Create and maintain prescriptive standard work documents (including digital torque wrenches, application of heating/cooling methods, total preventative maintenance (TPM) strategies).
- Provide focused & effective leadership in eliminating EH&S/Ergonomics/Human Factors risks and addressing quality issues.
- Identify & implement shop floor process optimization & control methods to eliminate/prevent process turn-backs /escapes and continuously reduce overall assembly costs.
- Participate in Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement initiatives supporting the achievement of ACE GOLD STATUS in the Engine Assembly Center.
- Assist with planning, acquisition, and start-up of necessary capital equipment, facility, and special assembly equipment needed to meet capacity, engine build plans, and new program introduction.
- Significant interaction with the hourly work force (mechanics, inspectors, operators), tool designers, quality engineers & quality assurance personnel, integrated product teams, systems & module designers, information systems personnel and program assembly partners are typical of the position.
- A high level of proficiency and working-knowledge of ACE/Continuous Improvement Tools is required including Process Certification & Management, Value-Stream Mapping (VSM), Standard Work, QCPC/Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing.
- BS Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of applicable experience
- Project Manager or Project Coordinator Experience
- US citizenship required due to government program requirements
- BS Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- Applicable manufacturing/assembly engineering experience, engine system-level knowledge, and engine test processes are helpful for this position
- Leading tool verifications and implementation into assembly processes
- Experience with robotics and automation of assembly processes
- Experience with digital torque wrench selection and applications
- Experience with heating (i.e. induction, fan forced heaters, thermal oven) and cooling technologies combined with normalization processes to support high volume production
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
- Strong project engineering/planning skills
- Effective influence & decision-making skills Education Certification BS in Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01308326
Community / Marketing Title: Production Tooling Project Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US