Quality Assurance Inspector
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8583
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01300706 Date posted 03/25/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer's heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
We are looking for Quality Assurance Inspectors to support our Middletown, CT location.
- Perform dimensional and visual inspections following standardized methods and established techniques, which may involve surface plate work, or standard measuring techniques to verify accuracy of parts, tools, gauges or other equipment, accept or reject material based on findings.
- Work from applicable written inspection procedures drawings and other pertinent instructions to plan and perform dimensional and visual inspection on parts tools, gauges and other equipment, accepting material or referring rework or quality review based on findings.
- Use a variety of fixed and variable measuring instruments including automated measuring machines where program instructions are well-defined to check dimensions and record results.
- Perform necessary mathematical computations to determine extent of nonconformance and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Follow proper procedures to perform in-line checks and verification of dimensions and make sure that operation sheets are being followed.
- Recognize need and arrange for repair or replacement of equipment used in performing the work as necessary.
- Perform routine servicing throughout assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions such as inspector's check list for upkeep and assure equipment operates properly.
- Assist others who are responsible for specialized inspection processes such as those found in statistical process control or other similar quality assurance programs, the investigation of unusual non-changed inspection sequences and other specialized assignments within conformance and new or changed inspection sequences and other specialized assignments within the scope and skill level of this job description.
- Refer difficulties to leader/supervisor.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual skills
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Minimum 6+ months inspection experience or a technical trade certificate
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and basic computer controls.
- Previous experience in Aerospace/ Military Aircraft manufacturing setting.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Experience using precision measuring equipment such as micrometers and calipers.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01300706
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Assurance Inspector
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US