Nondestructive Evaluation Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8579
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01302358 Date posted 03/25/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Nondestructive Evaluation Engineer to be based in East Hartford, CT.
Would you like to be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation? Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As a part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
As a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, we strive to find dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
- You will be responsible for development, validation and implementation of new inspection applications based on understanding of basic nondestructive evaluation principles.
- This will include integration of eddy current, ultrasonics thermal, visual and FPI methods.
- Many projects will require the implementation onwing which necessitates addressing accessibility challenges as well as the technology development for the selected NDE method
- Includes project management associated with technical schedule and budget.
- Additional responsibility may include coordination of fabrication at qualified suppliers.
- Position involves work with International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) hardware
- 20% Travel including to domestic and international military bases
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- 1+ monthâ€s internship experience working in a laboratory, with manufacturing processes or overhaul and repair of aerospace products.
- US Citizen due to contract requirements
- Ability to obtain a security clearance due to contract requirements
- B.S. Engineering or Physics
- M.S. and Ph.D. graduates are urged to also apply
- Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
- Those with an active security clearance are preferred.
- NDE, measurement / instrumentation, design and report writing preferred.
- The ability to work well in production & overhaul environments needed.
- A strong interest in innovative mechanical / electrical devices.
- Excellent judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to create positive relationships with highly skilled technicians and internal and external customers
- The ability to craft clear communication
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where we value every employee so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01302358
Community / Marketing Title: Nondestructive Evaluation Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US