Contracts Manager CE
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8525
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01298361 Date posted 03/20/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join the Contracts Management Team?
Key responsibilities include:
- As a Contract Manager, in Commercial Engine (CE) Contracts you will support the drafting, negotiation, interpretation and management of proposal and contract documents for Commercial Engines & Aftermarket Services sales offerings.
- You will have the opportunity to develop customer interaction skills, improve negotiation abilities, and gain international business experience.
- You will participate in campaign strategy development, drive sales proposal efforts, including coordinating input from other organizations during the sales campaign process, drafting sales proposals to meet internal and external customer requirements and ensuring that all documents properly reflect Pratt & Whitney business and legal objectives.
- You will frequently be involved in customer negotiations, including travel to customer sites as needed.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing strategies, processes and procedures, and tools to achieve the Commercial Engines Contracts organizations objectives.
- Drive compliance with department policies and procedures related to document preparation and approval and communication of department and company business objectives.
NOTE: The tasks are schedule driven and require occasional non-core hours and/or travel.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Bachelor Degree
- 5+ years of experience in contract management
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Green Card Holder) due to program requirements
- Masters Degree or Juris Doctorate
- This position is dynamic and requires significant social interaction
- Strong document drafting and negotiation skills, management skills, an understanding of aerospace business and legal issues
- Familiarity with ACE process improvement tools
- Good business judgment and project management skills in order to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Technical/engineering expertise and skills would be beneficial but not required
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to create a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Employee Resource Groups:
The 9 ERGs have a collective mission of supporting P&W's recruitment, development and retention efforts through workshops, and events that promote personal/professional development, employee engagement, community involvement and business value.
- All ERGs are open to all UTC employees, participation is voluntary
- ERGs strive to provide short and long-term professional and personal benefits to their members
- There are many other employee organizations at P&W, often more recreational in nature (e.g. jazz band and bicycling club).
A Great Place To Work
We're known for moving the world forward - building machines that run for hours, days and weeks without pause. But, people aren't machines.
This year, UTC updated the vacation policy to provide more vacation time sooner. As soon as you start your role, you'll be eligible for 15 paid vacation days (10-19 yrs., 20 days & 20+ yrs., 25 days).
Birth and Parental leave:
As a mother or father you have time off options to consider while caring for and bonding with your child.
UTC offers 8 paid weeks of birth and adoption leave and 4 paid weeks for parental leave.
Employee Scholar Program:
We are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the ESP!
We believe that individual and corporate success is motivated by lifelong learning; we enable employees to continue their higher education. We want to have the best-educated workforce on the planet.
ESP is one of the most comprehensive company-sponsored employee education programs in the world. More than 45,000 employees have earned more than 38,000 degrees.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01298361
Community / Marketing Title: Contracts Manager CE
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US