Senior Engineer, Aero Thermal Fluid
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8522
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01300499 Date posted 03/20/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Senior Engineer who will be based in East Hartford, Connecticut.
The Propulsion Systems Analysis group at Pratt & Whitney is at the forefront of advancing next generation engine capability through engine performance and operability optimization. The Geared Turbofan engine has dominated commercial single-aisle market sales, motivating additional platforms and continued innovation through the next generation product family product line. Likewise, the military products of the F-22 Raptor, F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, and next generation adaptive cycle engines, are world class engineering innovations that define the state of the art for jet engines. Pratt & Whitney is seeking candidates for Propulsion Systems Analysis with experience in one or more of the following functions:
- Development engine performance and modeling
- Analysis of transient engine handling characteristics
- Engine systems stability analysis for operability
- Dynamic systems modeling and control integration
- Engine functional testing and validation
- Numerical methods for cycle simulation and multidisciplinary optimization
- System functional requirements definition
System level project engineering critical skills involve application of steady state and transient thermodynamic principles to a wide range of aircraft engine performance development topics such as product validation, control definition and optimization, cycle studies, and performance improvement packages for thrust, fuel burn, and functional enhancements to the engine. This position is highly inter-disciplinary and collaborative, requiring excellent communication skills. Travel opportunities may arise depending on project assignments and requirements. If you have extensive team leadership experience it will be considered for expanded roles in the Propulsion Systems Analysis organization; those with experience in a portion of the above responsibilities will be evaluated for development and growth opportunities while fulfilling a technical leadership role with support.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 4 years of experience with propulsion system design
- MS degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with 2 years of experience with propulsion system design
- PhD degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with research experience in aircraft propulsion
- U.S. Citizenship due to government contracts
- Experience applying principles of thermodynamics, gas dynamics, aerodynamics, statistics, and software design for aircraft engine topics.
- Experience with NPSS or equivalent thermodynamic system modeling software; iSight, ModelCenter or equivalent optimization software; statistical tools such as MiniTab, JMP; Matlab, Simulink
- Professional experience in both engine performance and operability.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01300499
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Engineer, Aero Thermal Fluid
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US