Administrative Assistant, Global Supply Chain
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8467
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01297855 Date posted 03/14/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
The Global Supply Chain Organization is a rapidly growing organization established to assess demand and output capacity of the entire Pratt &Whitney operations and supply chain network. We have a rare opportunity for an Administrative Assistant that will support our Vice President, Global Supply Chain. This position will be located in E. Hartford, Ct.
Our objectives are:
- Provide accurate and stable demand requirements and to manage schedules by using digital and analytical tools to enhance efficiencies, improve processes, and increase our speed of execution.
- Major functions of the Emissions Collection and Monitoring Plan System organization are Demand Management, Network Capacity, Sales Inventory & Operations Planning, and Master Scheduling.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly critical area for Pratt & Whitney. You will work in our East Hartford, Connecticut location. Someone high energy and a self-starter with extraordinary organizational skills to primarily act as the assistant to the VP, Global Supply Chain as well as several executive staff members.
Responsibilities will focus on areas of office and administrative support including but not limited to:
- Maintaining executive calendars; scheduling meetings and interviews and resolving conflicts
- Managing executive phone calls
- Supporting business needs such as ordering office supplies, involvement in office moves, and other requests as appropriate
- Coordinating leadership/ executive travel itineraries including completing appropriate expense reporting in a timely fashion
- Arranging for executive business offsite logistics
- Be familiar with foreign national visiting and hosting requirements and align with all expectations in this area
- Attending executive staff meetings, maintaining the agenda, taking meeting minutes and distributing action items to attendees
- Craft PowerPoint presentations for leadership meetings and drafting communications to employees
- Maintaining accurate, updated organization charts for the groups supported
- Acting as point of contact for conference room assistance
- Assisting functional groups with processes that impact leadership / executives
- You exhibiting use of Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) tools and support ACE initiatives.
- You maintain an orderly workstation and common area
- Participating in special projects and other tasks, as needed
- HS Diploma required
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- US Citizen due to government contracts
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years administrative assistant experience in a support role for an upper management position.
- Exemplary problem solving skills, detail-oriented, and follow-up skills are required
- Highly proficient in use of Outlook to manage email and multiple calendars and other MS Office tools such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Self-directed, strong good verbal skills and be able to prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Dynamic written communication skills (grammar, editing, spelling, etc.)
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks on a variety of tasks and assignments
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Travel Occasional travel between other Pratt & Whitney locations, such as East Hartford or Middletown
- Able to succeed in a high stress, fast paced work environment
- Proven experience working with Sr. Management-VP to President as well as peers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01297855
Community / Marketing Title: Administrative Assistant, Global Supply Chain
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US