Information Technology Architect
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8370
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01295928 Date posted 03/08/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Information Technology Architect to be based in East Hartford, Connecticut.
The Propulsion Systems Analysis group is at the forefront of advancing next generation engine capability through engine performance and operability optimization. The Geared Turbofan engine has excelled at commercial single-aisle market sales, motivating additional platforms, and continued innovation through the next generation product family product line. Likewise, the military products of the F-22 Raptor, F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, and next generation adaptive cycle engines are ground-breaking engineering innovations that define what state of the art for jet engines is.
The IT Architect will be a highly motivated, team oriented, and results driven individual serving as our focal to the Digital Technology organization.
- Ensure the PSA technical environment including all infrastructure operating systems, application and system software is maintained to current versions.
- Coordinate all changes in the technical environment with the PSA team and other technical teams to ensure system availability, reliability, performance and consistency.
- Represent the current and future technical environment needs of infrastructure/technical teams, and assess impacts of all changes to the technical environment.
- Make recommendations on software versions, patches and configurations requirements and industry standards.
- Develop strategies to implement Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery capabilities.
- Develop strategies to implement industry standards for software version control, compilation and release procedures, developing and maintaining scripts as needed.
- Develop a set of measurements to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Diagnose and resolve technical environment incidents.
- Dedicatedly monitor the technical environment to ensure system availability, reliability, and performance.
- Collaborate and coordinate work across a matrix organization with distributed teams.
- Clearly prepare and present verbal and written communications to technical and non-technical teams.
- Work independently and as a member of a team.
- Work in a dynamic, technically demanding environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 7+ years of experience in a scientific discipline such as systems architecture design, numerical computation, software design & configuration management within an Engineering or Scientific organization.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering with 5+ years of experience in a scientific discipline such as systems architecture design, numerical computation, software design & configuration management within an Engineering or Scientific organization.
- US Citizen due to government contracts
- Experience providing technical support for software installations, patches, and scripting on multiple platforms including Windows, Linux and UNIX
- Experience with infrastructure industry standards and trends on multiple platforms
- Experience with infrastructure architectures including cloud and high performance computing.
- Experience with Software Development practices and frameworks.
- Experience with Software Product Lifecycle practices for managing software.
- Experience with automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01295928
Community / Marketing Title: Information Technology Architect
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US