Environmental, Health & Safety Manager (Columbus Engine Center)
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 8355
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01296861 Date posted 03/07/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. With Pratt and Whitney, you will be part of an evolving team that is globally diverse and thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered. Pratt & Whitney - Columbus Forge, a recognized leader in producing major rotating components and air foils for the aerospace propulsion market, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, we have the opportunity for you.
Are you highly motivated and enjoy operating in a dynamic environment?
Do you enjoy the challenges of process improvement and â€leanâ€ manufacturing initiatives?
Are you disciplined with the ability to learn quickly and drive and deliver results?
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed?
Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow?
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Environmental, Health & Safety professional to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager will acts as a partner in EH&S by formulating and administering EH&S plans and procedures including EH&S Program Management. You will be responsible for:
- Multiple EH&S arenas. Performing tasks associated with Health / Safety and Environmental / Compliance as a member of the Site EH&S team.
- Liaisons with a key business partner as a partner for their EH&S issues and EH&S concerns regarding safety and waste management practices.
- Works with business units to identify risks and partners in the development and execution of corrective actions to achieve Level 1 mistake proofing.
- Organizes and maintains assigned EH&S policies to achieve and maintain compliance with regulations.
- You will manage relationships across other specialized departments to achieve and maintain compliance with EH&S regulations and Pratt & Whitney/UTC requirements. Contributes as a team member on multiple level teams. Develops EHS programs, procedures, reports, permits and training as required to achieve and maintain compliance.
- Conducts safety inspections and analyzes audit findings to develop corrective actions and achieve and maintain safe work practices.
- Investigates injuries or adverse events to identify root causes and develop corrective actions.
- Presents a strong background of risk management, machine guarding, ergonomics and EH&S culture change.
- Guides business partners to achieve and maintain understanding and compliance with EHS regulations.
- Develops and implements strategic EHS initiatives and coordinates/drives the necessary tactical resources/elements to achieve and maintain successful implementation.
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Advanced Degree Preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Health and Safety, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or other sciences
- 7+ years experience in Environmental, Health & Safety or Risk
- US Citizen due to government contracts
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Environmental, Health & Safety will be given priority
- A proven track record of leading multi-functional teams and projects with a background that includes working with ACE, Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma or related Continuous Improvement tools with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments.
- Hands on experience and dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas.
- Expert written and verbal skills with ability communicate in a straightforward manner. Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Executive presence and comfortable interacting with leadership
- Expert in Risk assessment and reduction
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01296861
Community / Marketing Title: Environmental, Health & Safety Manager (Columbus Engine Center)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US