Senior Design Engineer, Compression Systems Engineering
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 8272
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01295209 Date posted 02/26/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a rare opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to be based in West Palm Beach, Florida.
The Design Engineer supports the development of our best-in-class compression systems. You will design compression system hardware that meets or exceeds part and system requirements and will work collaboratively to solve problems with integrated product teams and system design teams. You have ownership of all aspects of the design and executing to standard procedures.
As a Design Engineer, you will:
- Craft new part designs
- Execute major and minor Engineering Changes (EC's)
- Support hardware and engine deliveries as well as shop, vendor, assembly and test support.
- Perform tolerance stacks, failure mode and effects analysis, preliminary structural analyses and 3D modeling
- Collaborate with all supporting disciplines including Aerodynamics, Heat Transfer & Secondary Flow, Structures, Engineering Dynamics & Loads, and Manufacturing.
- Lead the concurrent design of multiple components, interpreting analysis results for accuracy and proposing alternate solutions
10% travel is anticipated
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years of Design engineering experience
- U.S. Citizenship required due to program requirements
- Proficiency in Teamcenter, Unigraphics (UG), UG Motion, Ansys, and classical methods of analysis.
- Compression Systems Design experience
- Experience with rotating hardware and air foils
- Experience in Automated design optimization
- Analytical Skills
- Deep understanding of hardware, blueprints and manufacturing methods
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- Ability to build positive relationships and craft clear communication
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what nurtures our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01295209
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Design Engineer, Compression Systems Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US