Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8271
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01295617 Date posted 02/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented NDE Manager in East Hartford, CT.
Would you like to be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation? Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As a part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
As a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, we strive to find dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
As the Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) Manager you will be responsible for supervising and leading a group of engineers responsible for program management of application of nondestructive evaluation. NDE technical judgment is key in making sound decisions/recommendations to our customers.
Our organization responds to urgent field safety issues which require fast response and intensive efforts over a 4-8 month period.
- monitoring technical work for completeness
- technical accuracy and documentation
- assuring that program work is met on schedule and within budget
- working with other management in the NDE organization to align with the long term goals of the group and coordinated shared resources
- 20% travel
You will be responsible for building effective relationships with both internal and external customers as well as coordination of out-sourced engineering and product fabrication efforts at qualified suppliers.
The final Grade/Level for this position will be based on Qualifications and Experience
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- B.S. in Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience as an engineer, working in a laboratory or with manufacturing processes or overhaul and repair of aerospace products.
- NDE, measurement/instrumentation, design and report writing background
- Due to program requirements, U.S. Citizens will only be considered
- The ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Physics
- 15+ years of experience
- Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
- Background working in production & overhaul environments
- Supervision experience
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to build positive relationships
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that our employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01295617
Community / Marketing Title: NDE Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US