F135 Support Equipment Project Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8260
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01293074 Date posted 02/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
- The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it, and as part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have an opportunity for a Support Equipment Project Engineer to join our team.
Do you have the experience we are looking for? Job Description
F135 Support Equipment (SE) Project Engineers are responsible for developing and maintaining SE used to assemble, disassemble and inspect the F135 engine. Each Project Engineer is assigned a section of the engine or module and is responsible for the development and sustainment of support equipment used in that area of the engine. Activities/Responsibilities:
- Gathering requirements from CIPT hardware engineers or maintainers to create new tool designs or alter existing designs. Initiate EC and record requirements in Teamcenter. Provide technical direction to designers making the design change/alteration. Review and check designers work. Redline prints if needed.
- New designs and design alterations will need to be approved by JPO (Joint Program Office). Approval requires good communication skills to explain technical directives to the customer typically in the form of power point presentations.
- Answer/respond daily to fielded SE issues (MERLIN or AR). Interface daily with external customers, SE purchasing, SE Fleet Managers, Field Service Representatives (FSR), customer support engineers (CSE), logistic program management and SE build suppliers. The position requires a strong technical skillset and ability to explain SE functions and designs to a non-technical audience.
- Perform Engineering Investigations (EI) when SE assets fail. Determine root cause and implement corrective action using ACE tools.
- Give technical direction to outsource build vendors during new SE builds or repairs in the form of SRIs (Supplier Request for Information) or QN (quality notification) in SAP.
- Author new or update g existing JTD (Joint Technical Data). JTD is the technical instructions on how support equipment is used for F135 assembly/disassembly. Project Engineers are responsible for JTD at Unit level, Depot, CONUS and OCONUS sites.
- Programs commonly used by F135 Project Engineers: Teamcenter, Doc Access, Documentum Data Management System (DDM), Unigraphics (Nx10), SAP, WebTop, RITS, F135 SE Database (access based program), PW Look, Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETP), MERLIN, Microsoft office.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Engineering or Technical discipline
- 3+ months working with project management; working to deadlines
- U.S. Citizen due to federal contracts
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Basic understanding of design/fabrication of machined components
- Basic understanding of blueprints or creating designs
- Working knowledge of Unigraphics or Solid works is a positive
- Analytical thinker with ability for problem solving
- Self- motivated and strong work ethic
- Ability to operate in a continually changing business environment with dynamic job responsibilities
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01293074
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Support Equipment Project Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US