Process Chemistry Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8241
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01294633 Date posted 02/22/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Process Chemistry Engineer in East Hartford, CT.
Would you like to be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation? Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As a part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
As a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, we strive to find dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Materials and Processes Engineering Process Chemistry group is seeking a knowledgeable and highly motivated Process Chemistry Engineer.
- You will work in a team environment and be responsible for developing, improving, and troubleshooting chemical processes such as priming, painting, plating, cleaning, etching, stripping, and anodizing, and electroplating on various aerospace alloys.
- The work scope includes working in a laboratory, and as required the supply base, touching all aspects of the product life-cycle from technology and product development to manufacturing and repair / aftermarket support. Understanding and controlling these processes and developing new ones are critical to the success of P&W's engine products.
- You should be familiar with working protocols in a chemical laboratory.
- 10% Travel
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- BS in chemical engineering, electro-chemical engineering, or chemistry with 7+ years' experience in an engineering environment in a chemistry laboratory OR
- MS in chemical engineering, electro-chemical engineering, or chemistry with 5+ years' experience in an engineering environment in a chemistry laboratory OR
- PhD in chemical engineering, electro-chemical engineering, or chemistry with 3+ years' experience in an engineering environment in a chemistry laboratory
- US Citizen due to government program requirements
- Strong problem solving, analytical, observational, and organizational skills.
- The ability to function effectively in a lab environment with people of a broad variety of skills and backgrounds
- Knowledge of P&W specifications and SPOPs (Service Process Operation Procedures)
- Knowledge of SAE AMS surface treatment specifications
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communication
- Able to balance several assignments at once.
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that our employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01294633
Community / Marketing Title: Process Chemistry Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US