Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 8209
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01294251 Date posted 02/20/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Chemical Handler to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
A team member at this level is expected to assist in preparation and maintenance of chemical process solutions used in various chemical processes and other duties related to the operation of a chemical warehouse storage facility. This position requires a mechanical and technical aptitude and an ability to follow work instructions. Comply with all environmental, health, and safety requirement.
- You will mix chemical solutions following instructions on sequence of preparation in Process Solution sheets.
- You will add chemicals to existing solutions to maintain proper operating standards as recommended by supervision.
- We weigh and measure required amounts of chemicals using scales and graduated receptacles.
- We combine various chemicals in bottles or tanks, mixing ingredients thoroughly, as required.
- You will perform all duties with the highest regard for safety, always wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and be familiar with all Safety data sheets (SDS) sheets pertaining to the chemicals in the MCL lab
- You will heat solutions to operating temperatures and assist in lab tests for correct concentration.
- You will clean and flush tanks using hand tools such as shovels, scrappers, and brooms and remove waste chemicals from tanks to bins, properly identify them and store in designated areas.
- You will operate a forklift, managing safety around chemicals, and receive raw materials by offloading and transport and store incoming chemicals into warehouse storage facility
- We inventory/warehouse management, order essential raw materials and follow up on deliveries
- You will take appropriate clean-up action in emergencies such as leaks and spills, following guidelines from the Contingency Plan, P & W, OSHA Manual and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- On rotation with MCL Chemical Team Members, for back-up emergency chemical requirements/needs on weekends or other off-hours.
- Study all chemical handling instruction and documentation and review same as directed by supervisor and/or plant department regulations. Learn piping and valving details of all chemical lines and transfer equipment.
- You will obtain proper OSHA, Haz-Mat, RICRA, etc. certifications, as required
- Positive Relationships
- You will perform all tasks at the highest level of safety awareness
- High school graduate or GED
- High school graduate or GED
- 6 months plus manufacturing experience, technical training, military training experience, or completion of Certified Manufacturing Specialist Program
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Ability to compute decimals and fractions to determine percentages of chemicals to be mixed for new solutions or added to existing solutions, and ability to use various meters and gages for testing and scales for weighing chemicals.
- Forklift experience
- Basic knowledge of a chemical laboratory environment
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01294251
Community / Marketing Title: Chem Handler
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US