Flight Safety Issue Coordinator
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8182
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01293098 Date posted 02/18/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been waiting for!
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity with our Engineering Product Integrity (EPI) group for a highly motivated individual to aid in the execution and management of Pratt & Whitney commercial flight safety issue management process. The Flight Safety Issue Coordinator will be based in East Hartford, Connecticut and have the responsibilities in the following areas:
- Screen information for identification of potential safety issues.
- Perform qualitative Aircraft Hazard Assessment to determine safety related consequences.
- Develop of Hazard Ratios for airplane level consequences (including working with the airplane manufacturer to develop/verify these Hazard Ratios).
- Participate in the safety risk management process.
- Identify & Manage Aircraft Hazards
- Coordinate internally with cognizant P&W teams to efficiently disposition potential safety issues
- Support the P&W Safety Issue Management Process with accurate issue documentation and active participation in recurring reviews including root cause investigations and fleet management plans.
- Develop detailed aircraft level event sequences leading to an aircraft safety event and their likelihood for Safety Risk Assessment (SRA).
- Support Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) updates
- Support the Safety Team and Processes
- Provide leadership in your area of expertise to complement the safety team's skill set of design, maintenance, risk analysis, and engine controls
- Develop deep understanding of P&W, Aircraft Manufacturer, Operator, and Regulatory safety-related processes and requirements
- Exhibit strong teamwork and results-oriented performance.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills.
- Perform excellent report writing with extraordinary attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with aircraft turbine engine operation, design, and/or maintenance performing committed root cause methodologies, material failure analysis, and cause and effect of aircraft gas turbine engine part failure modes.
- Experience with flight safety program execution and decision-making.
- Experience with engine and aircraft continued airworthiness or certification requirements.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01293098
Community / Marketing Title: Flight Safety Issue Coordinator
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US