Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 8144
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01293603 Date posted 02/14/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your Inspector experience to better use? If you are ready of a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do; this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have an opportunity for an Inspector at our Columbus, Ga location.
A team member at this level is expected to perform Inspector duties at Columbus Engine Center Plant 1. You will perform mechanic duties to Inspect, disassemble and assemble engines, engine sections and accessories. Excellent interpersonal, planning and organizational skills are needed for a team oriented environment. This position requires a mechanical and technical aptitude and an ability to follow work instructions. Comply with all environmental, health, and safety requirement.
- You will preform engine disassembly/assembly
- You will perform mechanic duties to disassemble and assemble engines, engine sections and accessories.
- You will clean - Perform cleaning of engine parts and components
- You will inspect engines, engine sections, accessories and component parts to determine serviceability and reparability.
- You will demonstrate dedication to the EH&S and continuous improvement programs by complying with all policies and procedures, completing all required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities.
- SAP and Solumina familiarity.
- Positive Relationships
- You will need High school diploma or GED
- You will need an A&P License or two years relevant experience. Turbine engine overhaul, and repair experience
- A&P License or two years relevant experience preferred.
- Turbine engine overhaul, and repair experience preferred in one or more of the following disciplines: Disassembly, Assembly.
- Ability to identify and resolve configuration and compatibility issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- FAA Safety Sensitive Position
- Must be willing to work all shifts
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgement and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01293603
Community / Marketing Title: Inspector
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US