Assembly Manufacturing Process Engineer, 2nd Shift
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8139
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01293480 Date posted 02/14/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered. Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry. The Engine Center (EC) Assembly Engineering Organization is seeking a highly-motivated and capable individual to be Assembly Manufacturing and Production Process Engineer in support of Commercial and Military Engine Programs in Middletown, CT. The Assembly Manufacturing Process Engineer responsibilities include:
- Ensure the Engineering Product Definition is consistently and accurately applied in the Assembly Floor Specifications (AFSs) / Work Instructions across multiple production sites.
- Create and maintain prescriptive production engine AFSs / Work Instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, quality assurance /process control documents and tooling definition/requirements).
- Provide focused & effective leadership in eliminating EH&S/Ergonomics/Human Factors risks and addressing quality issues.
- Identify & implement shop floor process optimization & control methods to eliminate/prevent process turn-backs /escapes and continuously reduce overall assembly costs.
- Participate in Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement initiatives supporting the achievement of ACE GOLD STATUS in the Engine Assembly Center.
- Assist with planning, acquisition, and start-up of necessary capital equipment, facility, and special test equipment needed to meet capacity, engine build plans, and new program introduction Significant interaction with the hourly work force (mechanics, inspectors, operators), tool designers, quality engineers & quality assurance personnel, integrated product teams, systems & module designers, information systems personnel and program assembly partners are typical of the position.
- A high level of proficiency and working-knowledge of ACE/Continuous Improvement Tools is required including Process Certification & Management, Value-Stream Mapping (VSM), Standard Work, QCPC/Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing.
- BS Engineering
- 3 years of applicable experience
- US citizenship required due to government program requirements
- BS Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
- Applicable manufacturing/assembly engineering experience, engine system-level knowledge, and engine test processes are helpful for this position.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic work environment.
- Excellent communication / presentation skills.
- Strong project engineering/planning skills.
- Effective influence & decision-making skills.
- Education - Certification BS in Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01293480
Community / Marketing Title: Assembly Manufacturing Process Engineer, 2nd Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US