Master Scheduling Quality Lead
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8125
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01293179 Date posted 02/14/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The Scheduling Quality Lead works with Program Planner/Schedulers, driving scheduling quality and earned value excellence into program schedules. This function requires that the individual has s knowledge about scheduling fundamentals and strong Earned Value compliance knowledge to identify and implement process improvements. Track record of good teamwork is needed to lead the team of schedulers to success. The Scheduling Quality Lead must be able to:
- Audit program schedules in Primavera v 8.3 to advise schedulers in complying with DCMA 14 point metrics, scheduling excellence outlined in the PASEG and contractual requirements.
- Review the IMS deliverable for quality and compliance.
- Advise and assist schedulers in program planning efforts; lead Integrated Master Schedule/Plan (IMS/IMP) design and development.
- Provide consulting support to Program Team members (IPMT, CIPT, Systems, IPT, etc.), infusing scheduling best-practices into program plans.
- Ensure a healthy integration between SAP and Primavera tools, diagnosing and mitigating integration disconnects as they arise.
- Communicate findings to the Training and Standards Lead, team leads and the Discipline Chief to close on gaps in training and standard work
- Assist in the development and creation of Program Master Scheduling procedures and standard work.
- Facilitate and/or support events to help improve core processes and sharing of lessons learned across the value stream
- Prepare for, participate in and support ACE site certification assessments ensuring follow through and closure on all site action items
- Development and reporting of ACE metrics ensuring tool usage, training and event participation across the site
Due to our government contracts, all applicants must be US Citizens.
- 6+ years experience in scheduling programs, to include:
- Proficient use of Primavera, and its integration with other tools such as MS Project or SAP
- Knowledge in the application of integrated cost/schedule techniques on major programs.
- A strong understanding of project management and earned-value management principles and their application to complex projects.
- Experience on DoD compliance programs, reporting requirements, and familiarity with the DoD Earned Value Management System Interpretation Guide (EVM Sig).
- Formal training in Earned Value Management.
- Formal training in program scheduling.
- Delivery of Integrated Program Management Reports (IPMR) / Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) narratives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in efficient and effective schedule analysis and efficiency improvement.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI) or similar certificate or degree. Formal earned value training.
- Familiarity with the NDIA's Planning and Scheduling Excellence Guide.
- Experience in Aerospace and/or Defense programs.
- Experience using a Monte Carlo schedule risk simulator (i.e. Primavera Risk Analysis, Acumen Fuse).
- Understanding of systems/project engineering concepts and practices.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills.
- Proficient use of MS Office Programs (MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01293179
Community / Marketing Title: Master Scheduling Quality Lead
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US