General Engineering Alternate Work Week (AWW) Manager – HSE
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8020
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01292174 Date posted 02/07/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
Hot Section Engineering (HSE) is responsible for all of the engineering activities for the combustor and turbines across all of PW's military and commercial products including the highly successful Geared Turbofan (GTF) family of engines, and hot gas exhaust systems on military applications like the F-15, F-16, F-22 Raptor, and the F-35 Lightning II Fighter aircraft.
We specifically are looking for experienced, dedicated, and diverse candidates for a managerial / supervisory role to lead a multi-discipline team that will support our in-production product lines. The Alternative Week Work (AWW) Engineering Manager will have ownership and accountability for all production-related multi-functional IPT activity of the Hot Section Engineering (HSE) organization during the Alternative Work Week (AWW) period of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Hardware responsibility includes combustor / Diffuser, Turbine, and Exhaust system modules. This is a highly-visible and excellent career opportunity that will provide exposure across the Engineering, Quality and Operations organizations.
You will lead and execute tasks including, but not limited to:
- Resolving Quality Notifications, Laboratory Quality Notifications, Stop Delivery Orders, initiating Minor Deviations.
- Completing FAI Reviews and ESA approvals.
- Writing/updating Product Production Specifications, while ensuring that P&W's Engineering standard work processes are adhered to.
- Coordinating with Operations and Quality and provide Engineering updates to issues by actively participating in production and quality calls and shop walks (where applicable) over the AWW shift.
- Responsible for a multi-functional organization of different engineering disciplines.
- Ensuring employee satisfaction and crafting annual objectives
- Conducting performance discussions and salary merit discussions, as well as ensure that employee personal development plans are crafted and executed.
- Empowering individuals and teams will be extremely helpful in providing creative and focused solutions that meet production goals and requirements.
This position provides close support for HSE standard work week engineering staff, suppliers, and engine production delivery centers. The AWW Manager's ability to clearly communicate across the various organizations and their leadership is critical to success. Precise and efficient communication and presentation skills are required, especially during standard shift to AWW shift hand-offs, and AWW shift back to standard shift handoffs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- 8 years of engineering or manufacturing experience with a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of engineering or manufacturing experience with a Master's degree.
- US Citizenship due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering.
- Hot Section Aerospace experience.
- Material Review Board Engineer (MRE) certification or interest in obtaining the certification.
- Demonstrated excellent customer facing experience.
- Ability to lead / manage multiple multi-functional teams to achieve results.
- Supervisory/Leadership experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01292174
Community / Marketing Title: General Engineering Alternate Work Week (AWW) Manager – HSE
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US