Analyst, P&W Group FP&A
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8017
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01292528 Date posted 02/07/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for a dedicated individual to support our organization.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
If you seek a fast paced environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
We have a rare opportunity for an Analyst role in our FP&A Group at our East Hartford, Connecticut facility.
As an Analyst within this role, you will support and interact with:
- PW CFO, UTC FP&A, Treasury, and Controller team, PW Controller, Treasury, Tax teams
- PW Business Unit Finance (Military, Commercial, P&W Canada, Industrial, Module Centers & Operations)
- PW Group Strategy & Development
- Other functions as requested (UTC CFO, etc.)
The PW Group FP&A provides financial analysis, forecasting and planning support to the Military, Commercial and Pratt Canada Business Units, as well as the Module Center & Operations, and is also responsible for the reporting and analysis of overall consolidated P&W financial results.
The group supports UTC's quarterly earnings release and periodic investor communications as well as providing headcount, SG&A and restructuring reporting to various customers.
Additionally, the group prepares materials for the PW President Executive Committee meetings, UTC President's Council, Operating Management Meetings, UTC Finance Council, etc.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You will perform monthly P&L closing and forecast activities for Pratt & Whitney
- You will also perform variance analyses of key business drivers for performance vs. plan, forecast and prior year, including executive briefings
- You'll support the executive meeting and review process as well as the annual and long range planning processes
- You will participate in the department's process improvement initiatives using the ACE framework Systems Exposed To: HFM
- Bachelors degree in finance or a related field is required.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in Finance.
- MBA or other Finance advanced degree.
- Strong attention to detail
- You can work independently.
- You are Flexible and have the ability to work in dynamic situations.
- You have the ability to interact effectively for executive requests.
- Strong focus on continuous process improvements.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01292528
Community / Marketing Title: Analyst, P&W Group FP&A
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US