Mgr, Commercial Tech Publications Business Support
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8012
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01290133 Date posted 02/07/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Mgr, Commercial T ech Publica t ions to be based in East Hartford, CT."
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
You will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
In this role you will lead a team of technical publications personnel who are responsible for providing support services as it relates to the creation and sustainment of all PW, IAE LLC, IAE AG and Engine Alliance technical publications. The team has responsibility for change management, supplier coordination, product assurance, graphic illustrations, publishing, digital data deliveries, software application support, fault isolation development and financial support for the organization. The technical publication products we produce are used by over 2,000 airline customers, Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) shops and airframers to maintain, overhaul and repair engines on-wing and in a shop environment.
Key job requirement and responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure all Program Office, Engineering, Airframer and Customer Support commitments and achievements are met.
- Ensure all resources and budget are properly planned and controlled.
- Develop and maintain technical publications in accordance with regulatory requirements for engine certification and Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICAs)
- Develop employees by providing opportunities for growth and lead strategic planning for future knowledge base.
- Maintain and invest in technical publications authoring, publishing and distribution systems
- Partner with outsource suppliers where cost effective.
- Develop strategies that align to the latest industry standards for aerospace technical publications.
- Define needs of customers for expanded use of digital data that integrates with MRO systems to deliver revisions efficiently and timely, including delivery of data through the customer portal.
- Engage with the Engineering value stream to improve quality and efficiency of source data to meet customer requirements for technical data and support equipment.
- Engage with GTF MRO network for on-site support of tech data and tooling to maximize efficiency and reduce engine TAT.
- Travel to customers, airframers, suppliers and MRO shops required approximately 20% of the time.
- BS in Engineering/Technical or Business Degree
- 10 years of experience in aftermarket support, customer service and/or technical publications.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we urge you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01290133
Community / Marketing Title: Mgr, Commercial Tech Publications Business Support
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US