Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8005
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01291886 Date posted 02/06/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We have a rare opportunity for a talented Information System Security Officer to be based in East Hartford, CT. Do you wish you could put your expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do, this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry.
As a hands-on Information Systems (IS) Security Officer (ISSO), you will document, monitor, and audit ISs for compliance with applicable U.S. government cybersecurity requirements, to include a handful of sites located overseas. The ISSO will report directly to the Senior Manager, F135 International Cybersecurity Compliance.
We are looking for people with initiative, creativity, adaptability, strong written and verbal skills, strong analytical skills and attention to detail; creative troubleshooting skills; possess excellent judgment and professional maturity; have multi-tasking abilities and a client focus; and work effectively in a time sensitive and dynamic environment.
International travel required on a quarterly basis and may require up to 5+ days per occasion. A U.S. passport will be required for this role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to ensure the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for all IS under his/her purview;
- Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and security responsibility awareness before being granted access to the IS;
- Collect, review, document, and archive security relevant logs, reports and files in accordance with the System Security Plan (SSP), reporting any anomalies to the ISSM;
- Monitor and analyze all available resources that track user activity, provide warnings of system vulnerabilities, and provide system performance information in accordance with cybersecurity plans and policies;
- Conduct periodic testing and reviews of IS to ensure compliance with cybersecurity authorization requirements, reporting findings to and coordinating with the ISSM as necessary;
- Document and coordinate ISSM approval for any security relevant changes to the IS prior to implementation, developing and updating the SSP to reflect such changes as appropriate;
- In close collaboration with the ISSM, prepare, distribute, and maintain IS cybersecurity plans, instructions, guidance, standard operating procedures, and assessment and authorization documentation, ensuring they are kept current and are accessible to authorized individuals;
- Monitor and oversee data backup, archival, and system recovery processes for functional testing and cybersecurity compliance;
- Assist in performing incident response activities (investigation, collection, reporting, containment, and eradication) as applicable in accordance with incident response policy, plans, procedures, and ISSM guidance;
- Partner and coordinate with internal and external customers and security peers in the completion of internal projects, process improvement initiatives, development of cybersecurity procedures, and technical efficiencies;
- Travel overseas to international sites to provide cybersecurity support and assistance to the F135 International team;
- Possess and maintain technical competence and a working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures;
- Obtain (within 6 months of hire) and maintain DoD-recognized cyber security baseline certifications such as CompTIA Security+; and Assume ISSM responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Manager and/or in the absence of the ISSM.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Preferred fields include Cyber Security, Networking, IT, Engineering or Computer Science
- Advanced degrees preferred
- Professional certification such as CompTIA Security+ and/or Microsoft MCSA desired
- Obtain (within 6 months of hire) and maintain DoD-recognized cyber security baseline certifications such as CompTIA Security+
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Networking, IT, Engineering or Computer Science
- U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- Possess an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level or higher
- Minimum 2 years of experience in cybersecurity and/or hands-on administration of Windows and/or Linux-based systems required
- Advanced Degrees preferred
- You currently hold an Active Security Clearance (DOD 8570/8140) as a condition of employment
- You have a valid U.S. passport and can travel internationally
- Desired certifications: Security+, A+, Network+, MCSA/E, Microsoft (MCSA), VMware (VCP), or Cisco (CCNA) preferred
- 3 years of experience supporting validated desktop, server, network, systems administration, troubleshooting, implementation security requirements in Microsoft Windows 10, OS imaging, installation, configuring, and support & troubleshooting
- NIST SP 800-series RMF framework and guidelines; DISA, STIGs, SCAP, Splunk or other system hardening and compliance, vulnerability assessment, and/or SIEM tools;
- General networking knowledge of networking technologies such as TCP/IP ports, protocols and services, switching, and routing.
- Familiar with Cisco VOIP technology (CUCM) for phone support
- Familiarity with security hardening guides & tools (DISA STIGs/SCAP)
- Experienced with documenting standard-work and process development, root cause corrective action
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience
- Ability to work in a high energy, fast paced environment, able to adapt to changing business needs
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results
- You're comfortable working with minimal daily supervision and to balance numerous priorities
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- Executive presentation experience and comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership. Lead, facilitate and manage change effectively
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Vision and Lync from an installation, configuration and troubleshooting perspective. SAP experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01291886
Community / Marketing Title: Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US