Manufacturing Engineer, West Regional Office - San Diego, CA
Location: San Diego, California US
Job Number: 7995
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01285392 Date posted 02/06/2019 City San Diego State California Country United States
United States of America
A51: Power Systems - Aerospace 4400 Ruffin Road, San Diego, CA, 92186 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, industrial gas turbines and space propulsion systems. The company's 36,000 employees support more than 11,000 customers in 195 countries around the world.
Are you highly motivated and enjoy operating in a dynamic environment?
Do you enjoy solving engineering problems and providing manufacturing solutions that improve product's capacities?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking a highly motivated, technically talented individual, who has a true desire to work in a dynamic operations environment to support our Core Manufacturing Engineering Organization as a Manufacturing Engineer to work in our west regional office.
As a regional office ME you will work as part of a small regional office team to provide Manufacturing Engineering technical support to the suppliers in the region as we continue to increase production on our Geared Turbo Fan and F135 engine programs. This position will be located in 5471 Kearny Villa Road, San Diego CA 92123 with up to 30% travel.
- Work independently and provide engineering solutions at a regional office
- Utilize manufacturing methods, processes, and tooling to develop and implement engineering solutions supporting our regional suppliers and the manufacture of jet engine parts.
- Coach and develop problem resolution plans for our suppliers.
- Partner with quality, design engineering, and procurement to provide premier engineering solutions and solving manufacturing issues at the suppliers.
- Provide guidance for short and long term process improvement projects, assist in cost reduction, and automation opportunities at the suppliers.
- Solve quality issues by engaging in root cause analysis, corrective action, and mistake proofing of manufacturing processes and tooling.
- Participate in supplier assessments for technical, quality, manufacturing capabilities, and capacity.
- Identify production quality risks to full rate production and provide manufacturing engineering input for mitigation plans.
- Provide urgent manufacturing technical problem solving for critical supply issues.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials, Aerospace Engineering or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering and shop operations experience with a technical expertise in parts manufacturing in machining, welding/joining, sheet metal fabrication, and airfoil manufacturing
- U.S. citizenship required
- Energetic, flexible, ethical, creative, with a positive attitude
- 6+ years of experience with Lean or Six Sigma tools and continuous improvement tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Analytical problem solving, and being detail oriented
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01285392
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer, West Regional Office - San Diego, CA
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US