Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7977
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01291726 Date posted 02/05/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer's heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
If you encourage to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this maybe the opportunity for you. We are looking for a 2nd shift HVAC Mechanic to support our Middletown, CT location.
Perform the facilities work necessary to operate, install, overhaul, maintain and repair a variety of equipment assigned to facilities services for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and related utility distribution systems throughout the plant where interrelated systems require planning and performing diversified work to resolve operating and application problems.
- Under direction of leader/supervisor follow standard practices and methods, drawings and manufacturers manuals to carry out installation maintenance and repair work, layout tasks and obtain tools and equipment to accomplish assignment. Check to assure equipment and supplies are available and complete part order requests.
- Instruct operator and other users in system operation, care and maintenance of equipment and safe work practices.
- Assist others working on special assignments to prepare for new equipment and system installation and checkout of systems.
- Perform similar duties throughout the facility within the scope and skill level of this job description. Assist other trades working on joint projects where common skill crossover provides the opportunity for shared responsibilities and more effective use of available skills.
- Develop routine startup, operation, monitoring and service techniques May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications within assigned trade specialization.
- Requires well-rounded knowledge of the operating characteristics of heating and cooling systems, air handling equipment, and associated control systems and components, and proper operating, servicing and maintenance procedures.
- Must be familiar with overhaul methods and repair techniques for mechanical equipment, electrical circuits, pipe-fitting methods, and be able to read drawings and schematic diagrams.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 to 2 + years of experience required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01291726
Community / Marketing Title: HVAC Mechanic
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US