PFMEA Standardization & Deployment Lead
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7974
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01291691 Date posted 02/05/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
PFMEA Standardization & Deployment Lead Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking a highly motivated manufacturing engineering professional to support the Core Manufacturing Engineering organization in the formation and roll out of process expert councils. This opportunity is to become the lead manufacturing engineer for coordinating PFMEA generation and dissemination into the module centers, as well as creating a new system for reducing and tracking progress on RPN scoring to improve the enterprise wide manufacturing capability at P&W. There will also be a project management function in leading the execution of strategic projects which align with the department goals including lean KPIs and policy deployment. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Help create, maintain, & disseminate PFMEA standards, methods, and tracking
- Work with dedicated process experts, manufacturing engineers in the module center, design engineering & operators
- Provide focused & effective leadership to drive standardization of risk mitigation approach & tracking of closure plans across manufacturing processes and part families
- Act as liaison between the manufacturing process councils and module center operations
- Lead enterprise wide manufacturing projects such as closed loop/door manufacturing and use of machine tool as a gage with probing
- Participate in ACE (lean & six sigma) initiatives Significant interaction with the Fellows & process experts, manufacturing, design & tool engineering staff, quality assurance, integrated product teams and Module Center operations staff is typical of this position. Experience in successful deployment of PFMEA in a shop environment is considered a strong asset for this role. A working-knowledge of the ACE Tools is also desired including Process Certification, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, QCPC/Root-Cause Analysis and Mistake-Proofing.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2+ years of applicable manufacturing engineering experience working in an aerospace environment
- Preference will be given to candidates with Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering degree.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Strong project management & planning skills
- Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing processes is an asset *EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01291691
Community / Marketing Title: PFMEA Standardization & Deployment Lead
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US