Maint Mechanic Plumber
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7971
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01291943 Date posted 02/05/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our Team? We are currently looking for a Maintenance Mechanic- Plumber to assist with our operation for 1st shift!
- Under direction of Leader/Supervisor carrying out maintenance activities associated with water, sanitary, and gas systems.
- Perform plumbing system maintenance, component installations, and repair work as assigned. Carry out preventive maintenance and service as required.
- Trouble shoot system or component faults and clearly communicate required corrective action.
- Perform pump maintenance.
- Assist others responsible for complex installation, overhaul and repair projects in preparing materials and operating equipment.
- Assist Millwright group with rigging including fork lift operation.
- Assist Sheet metal technicians with fabrication tasks. Have the ability to learn some sheet metal work.
- May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications within trade specialization
- High School Diploma/ GED
- 2+ year experience Plumbing within Industrial/Commercial/Manufacturing
- CT State Plumbing
- Successful completion from accredited higher education program
- 5+ years experience Plumbing within Industrial/ Commercial/ Manufacturing
- CT State Backflow Prevention Device Testing Certification
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01291943
Community / Marketing Title: Maint Mechanic Plumber
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US