Associate Director, Center of Excellence
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7963
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01290884 Date posted 02/05/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in a variety of ways.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. Help answer today's challenges in powered flight while molding and supporting tomorrow's solutions. We work with an explorer's heart and your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, we've built an environment where each and every employee is valued. We are fueled by people that bring passion, teamwork and leadership to everything they do - at work or in the community.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
We have a rare opportunity for an Associate Director, Center of Excellence at our East Hartford, CT campus.
The Customer Business Center of Excellence is a newly crafted organization that is responsible for operations/resource management with the information, tools, and methods needed to effectively manage customer business initiatives within 3 different organizations within this group and have the ability to reach and influence 400+ global employee organizations.
With this information, management is able to assess program status, evaluate performance, analyze problems, and implement corrective action in a timely manner through agile project management.
You will report directly to the Executive Director of Commercial Engines Customer Business, Customer Strategy and Operations.
You will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to the following organizations to support global Customer Business initiatives: Policy Deployment and ACE, Customer Business Communications, Change Management, Digital Technology, and Operations; handling analysis, tracking and reporting, customer business planning and scheduling, customer relationship management tools and technology.
You will also develop and lead the strategy for the Center of Excellence ensuring alignment with internal and external business partner expectations.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Develop a strategy and vision for the overall Center of Excellence to support customers and business partners that aligns with the overall customer business direction
- Partner with managers of each Center of Excellence to develop strategies that align with customer business
- Centralize and lead Customer Business change management initiatives across all pillars of the organization
- Lead, manage and coach leaders of each organization within the Global Center of Excellence in support of change management initiatives
- Provide centralized Customer Business management of information: presentations, communications and event support (internal, external, executives)
- Ensure engagement, alignment and adoption of new Policy Deployment processes, initiatives and ACE practices
- Cultivate and handle the use of and need for Digital Transformation and Technology across the Customer Business organization to assist in driving our business objectives
- Establish and lead cadence for Customer Business Organization.
- Responsible for overall reporting.
- Execute through strengthening the customer business discipline, using the network experience and improving productivity tools and techniques.
- You will use Policy Deployment/ACE to support the organization on aligning business initiatives.
- Digital Technology provides data forecasting and planning services for customer business organization.
- Communications provides a variety of enterprise-level management presentation, communications, and event support such as all-hands meetings, and management team meetings; customer event management; export review coordination for presentations; executive presentations and meeting support.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the commercial aerospace industry is required.
- At least 6 years of Agile Program Management experience required.
- 6 years of continuous improvement processes experience is required.
- MBA or other master's degree preferred 6 year's of aerospace commercial experience
- You possess a strategic mindset with the ability to build cross functional relationships
- You will provide a clear vision to others of the organizational needs to ensure its future success
- Motivate and encourage teams to excel, take ownership and responsibility for the future direction of the organization; as well as set expectations and goals, and communicate these goals/expectations.
- Strong ability to build and lead teams and processes in a matrixed environment
- Proven experience in operational excellence and program management with the ability to establish and drive metrics and management review
- Demonstrated success in customer relationship building, negotiation, and influencing ability
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of an organization
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01290884
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Center of Excellence
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US