Sr LMS Line Maintenance Technician (T3)
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Job Number: 7944
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01291548 Date posted 02/04/2019 City Dallas State Texas Country United States
United States of America
PW132: Dallas 2701 Regent Blvd, Suite 300, Dallas, TX, 75261 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress.
It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
It's a really exciting time at P&W as we've positioned ourselves for future success. As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture and a dedication to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of a Senior Line Maintenance Services Technician at our facility in Dallas, Texas.
- The Line Maintenance Technician position requires a well-rounded knowledge in the mechanics field, which includes disassembly and assembly of turbine engines, engine parts, and sub-assemblies.
- You have a broad knowledge of engine hardware, borescope inspection/procedures, line maintenance and flight line operations.
- You are able to interpret technical drawings, work from maintenance manuals and process operation procedures, and use fixed or variable measuring instruments to check dimensions.
- You will effectively communicate with managers, field representatives, and mechanics from various airline operators, and are expected to provide feedback and respond to concerns.
- You will be expected to complete, update, and maintain records for all maintenance performed in accordance with FAA procedures.
- You will resolve customer in-service issues and develop an understanding of customer engine maintenance and repair considerations/preferences and will develop internal service center procedures in order to align with all DOT/FAA requirements.
- You are willing to work 2nd Shift if needed.
- While this position is based in Dallas, TX, You are also willing to travel domestically and internationally (~40%) to support Pratt & Whitney customers.
- This is a FAA safety-sensitive position, subject to FAA drug and alcohol program regulations.
- US Citizen required, due to government contracts.
- AA/AS degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high school training (two years duration) required.
- You have a minimum of 4 years experience in the disassembly and assembly of turbine engines, engine parts, and sub-assemblies.
- A&P License required.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong communication and social skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- You are detail oriented
- Open to obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits or certifications as required
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01291548
Community / Marketing Title: Sr LMS Line Maintenance Technician (T3)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US