Regional Growth Leader
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7938
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01290372 Date posted 02/04/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in a variety of ways. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. Help answer today's challenges in powered flight while molding and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
We work with an explorer's heart and your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom. Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, we've built an environment where each and every employee is valued.
We are fueled by people that bring passion, collaboration and leadership to everything they do - at work or in the community.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
We have a rare opportunity for a Regional Growth Leader in the Aftermarket Operations, North America & Turkey (AMO NA&T) organization at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
The Aftermarket Operations, North America & Turkey (AMO NA&T) organization is a significant piece of the overall PW Aftermarket Operations business unit supporting the PW Commercial Engines division; and represents a collection of 7 repair and overhaul businesses which specialize in various types of aircraft engine part maintenance and service serving both Pratt & Whitney, and a variety of global customers.
You will collaborate with the AMO NA&T Executive General Manager in addition to the respective business General Managers at all regional locations comprised of EHRO (East Hartford, CT), PSD (Springdale, AR), PWAA MRO (Lansing, MI), WPB APU (West Palm Beach, FL), DARO (Dallas, TX), NBRO (North Berwick, ME), TEC (Istanbul, Turkey) and will serve as the primary Growth Chief for the AMO NA&T Executive General Manager.
This is a key leadership role directly influencing the long-term growth and financial health of the business, efficiency of our operations, and critical business processes.
All the facilities consists of salaried and multi-shift union and non-union employees.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You will develop and drive a business Growth Strategy to align and support the policy deployment goals and overall business objectives.
- Coordinate alignment between multiple groups and organizations globally to deploy the aftermarket growth strategy for AMO NA&T including PW Aftermarket Sales, PACE, Customer Service, Engine Services, GSE, and the Operations GSC organization.
- Use ACE / UTC Playbook tools to drive growth across the AMO NA&T organization and performance against critical business KPIs including but not limited to:
- Return On Sales (ROS)
- Organic Growth
- Cost Reduction (Actual + Pipeline)
- Support a safety first work culture that exceeds safety performance goals and strives towards zero injuries.
- Empower employees to utilize robust operational tools and deploy optimized processes via robust change management activities to develop new organizational capabilities and support cultivation of a highly competent and motivated workforce.
- Encourage technological innovation and process improvement initiatives to enhance quality, cost reduction and customer happiness.
- You will ensure compliance with all applicable UTC and Pratt & Whitney policies and procedures including individual employee awareness of responsibility and accountability.
- You will demonstrate awareness of the businesses competitive position in relation to the representative market place, including macro factors and trends which influence overall business operations and execution.
- Demonstrate ethical leadership and compliance.
- You will support diversity initiatives and all employee survey efforts and encouraging participation in the action planning teams.
- You will be supporting efforts related to recruiting, employee development and training.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of management, personnel and customers, and have key skills in project management, general business and operational analytics.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, manufacturing, or technically-related field or business
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, operations, finance, or business development
- Master's degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, operations, finance or business development
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred
- Demonstrated success in operations management, program management, engineering, customer support functions, and supply chain management, preferably in the Aviation industry
- Strong leadership skills, critical thinking skills, business discernment, and ability to innovate
- Aviation and Aftermarket experience would be a huge plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of Applications
- Technical knowledge of Pratt & Whitney's Engines Repair, PW Repair Centers, and PW Engine Services business is helpful
- Strong business/financial skills and proven industry insight
- ACE Accreditation and or LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01290372
Community / Marketing Title: Regional Growth Leader
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US