Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 7852
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01290664 Date posted 01/31/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Coatings Applicator to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
While working to obtain program access a team member at this level is expected to work under direction of supervision or lead man to perform operations in support of unclassified manufacturing programs within Special Technologies. Prep, perform minor assembly on, and laser parts for coatings operations. Use computer systems knowledge to operate programs associated with unclassified programs and processes. We mask, grit blast and dress parts and assemblies. This position requires a mechanical and technical aptitude and an ability to follow work instructions. We follow all environmental, health, and safety requirement.
- You will follow written and verbal instruction and training provided by the working lead and other assigned personnel for all assigned tasks.
- You will unload, prep and package products used in coatings process.
- You will participate in set up of machines and tooling; perform routine maintenance of equipment as required.
- Use hand-cleaning methods to clean parts to be treated and coated.
- You will perform various operations on parts including bake, paint, and unclassified laser processes.
- Perform assembly of components to parts
- You will operate tools of varying complexity to treat applications to parts; operate equipment of varying complexity including robots, hand tools and computers and computer programs.
- We monitor and document coatings processes using high precision metrology equipment to measure and record results of work in progress and finished products carry out other tasks within the scope of this job description to support department objectives and to develop individual skills
- You will follow EHS procedures including maintaining compliance to certification requirements and use appropriate PPE for each assigned task; make recommendations to improve ergonomics, health and safety of work
- You will follow quality procedures including adhering to procedures, inspecting work to ensure compliance to specifications ensuring parts meet specifications
- Note: This is not intended to be a permanent position, nor tenanted by an individual who has obtained the basic skills required for promotion to a higher labor grade
- This position requires an active DOD Security clearance be maintained through the position duration.
- This position can be on any shift 1st, 2nd or 3rd
- Positive Relationships
- You will perform all tasks at the highest level of safety awareness
- High school graduate or GED
- High school graduate or GED
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- This position requires an active DOD Security clearance
- A well-rounded knowledge of manufacturing practices and methods including the application and characteristics of coatings, powders and other materials.
- A knowledge and the use of applied mathematics including algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and basic lab testing procedures as well as the ability to read and interpret complicated drawings and specifications, and use a variety of precision measuring instruments, other specialized inspection methods and data input devices
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01290664
Community / Marketing Title: Coatings Applicator
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US