Deputy General Manager, Connecticut Rotating Parts
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7848
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01290895 Date posted 01/30/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in a variety of ways.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. Help answer today's challenges in powered flight while molding and supporting tomorrow's solutions. We work with an explorer's heart and your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, we've built an environment where each and every employee is valued. We are fueled by people that bring passion, collaboration and leadership to everything they do - at work or in the community.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
We have a rare opportunity for a Deputy General Manager Role at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
Connecticut Rotating Parts (CTRP) is a repair business part of East Hartford Repair Operations (EHRO) which specializes in rotating parts and major cases and serves Pratt & Whitney, and a variety of global customers.
You will collaborate with the General Manager of EHRO comprised of CTRP and CTSC (Connecticut Stators & Components) and serves as the back-up for the General Manager.
This is a key leadership role directly influencing the quality of our products and processes. The facility consists of salaried and multi-shift union employees.
You will have direct reports and will have oversight of the Operations, Engineering, Customer Service, Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) and Continuous Improvement (ACE) functions.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Develop and drive the business strategy to align and support the policy deployment goals and business objectives.
- Fostering the ACE transformation and driving the site to ACE Gold.
- Handle all aspects of the business including on-time delivery, quality, cost reduction, customer satisfaction, employee engagement, employee relations, staffing, lean manufacturing and kaizen techniques, plant performance measures, visual controls and EH&S.
- Manage the critical aftermarket service business to achieve sales goals, cost reduction and productivity targets.
- Foster a safety first work culture that exceeds safety performance goals and strives towards zero injuries.
- Empower employees to utilize existing skills and to develop new skills to ensure a highly competent and motivated workforce.
- Encourage technological innovation and process improvement initiatives to enhance quality, cost reduction and customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable UTC and Pratt & Whitney policies and procedures including individual employee awareness of responsibility and accountability.
- Leading development of market strategy to ensure a positive competitive position in relation to market share, profitability and quality and build strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrate ethical leadership and compliance.
- Support diversity initiatives and all employee survey efforts and encouraging participation in the action planning teams.
- Support efforts related to recruiting, employee development and training, and reducing voluntary employee retention.
- You will also play a key role in working with the P&W Aftermarket Operations team to develop, communicate, and achieve policy deployment goals in the areas of customer satisfaction, employee development & fulfillment, quality and EH&S/financial/operational and on-time delivery performance.
- You should have the ability to work with all levels of management, personnel and customers, and have key skills in leading plant wide ACE business progress, lean manufacturing, project management, quality improvement, marketing & sales, and general business and operational analysis.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, manufacturing, or technically-related field or business
- You have a required minimum of 8 years of experience in engineering, manufacturing or operations.
- Master's degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the same areas.
- Demonstrated success in operations management, program management, engineering, and customer support functions, preferably in the repair industry.
- You have strong leadership skills, critical thinking skills, business discernment, and ability to innovate.
- Union experience would be a big plus.
- Aviation and Aftermarket experience would be a big plus.
- Prior operations management experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel and Power Point is preferred
- Technical knowledge of Pratt & Whitney's Engines Repair and Repair Center business is helpful.
- Strong technical skills and demonstrated business insight.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01290895
Community / Marketing Title: Deputy General Manager, Connecticut Rotating Parts
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US