Engine Assembly Supervisor - Pratt & Whitney Georgia
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 7814
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01287016 Date posted 01/29/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we work with an explorer's heart and a perfectionist's grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom. Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, we've built an environment where each and every employee is valued.
We are fueled by people like you that bring passion, teamwork and leadership to everything they do - at work or in the community.
As part of it all, you'll have ample opportunity to use your exceptional skills to craft the future of flight - and build a truly rewarding career in the process.
Are you willing to make a difference? This is an exciting time of business growth and expansion in Columbus, Georgia.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for you to join our team at the beginning of a new P&W engine product and evolve in a growing business.
If you are a self starter who wants to continue learning and growing, we would love to hear from you!
The principle duty of this position is to provide supervision, leadership and support to the business, ensuring smooth and efficient operations for jet engine assembly, disassembly, and test processes. You will continually search for opportunities to improve the production processes and the product using a variety of problem solving techniques, effective interpersonal and communication skills, along with technical competencies. Incumbent will motivate, coach, and encourage employees to optimize standard work, career development and personal satisfaction. As the cell leader, you'll promote excellent employee relations and empowerment of all assigned personnel.
Your Key Job Requirements will include:
- Defining and Implementing plans to support the objectives of the business including Quality, ACE and Financial Metrics
- Meeting business metrics goals as defined for each cell (Cost, Quality, Delivery, EH&S)
- Leading process improvement opportunities using ACE and Lean Strategies improve quality, decrease process cycle time and reduce operational costs
- Implementing root-cause corrective actions in a timely manner to ensure quality standards are maintained
- Handling Capital and Expense Budgets for assigned cell
- Meeting the schedule, plan and execute contingency plans
- Administering policies and procedures to ensure compliance and equitable treatment for all employees
- Lead all aspects of assigned hourly workforce: (Time & attendance, time off, rewards, vouchering, training, communications, etc)
- Ensuring that all Operations employees have current development plans and performance reviews
- Mentoring employees to develop a motivated, effective team
- Demonstrating dedication to the EH&S program by completing all required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities
- Conducting performance and skill review processes for Operations Technicians, Powerplant Mechanics, and Inspectors
Should you require relocation, we offer a competitive relocation policy.
Second shift would be a requirement; however, you must have the ability to work all shifts.
- BA/BS degree and 4+ years' experience OR MA/MS degree and 2+ years' experience
- Minimum of two years experience in a leadership/supervisory role
- Certificated or eligible to quality for a Repairman's Certificate and/or P license
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Turbine engine overhaul, repair or related experience desired
- PC Skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and graphics software preferred. (Specifically Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint + Windows 97)
- FAA Safety Sensitive Position
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01287016
Community / Marketing Title: Engine Assembly Supervisor - Pratt & Whitney Georgia
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US