Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7785
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01290632 Date posted 01/29/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in a variety of ways. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. If you desire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare and an amazing opportunity for a talented Statistician at our East Hartford, Connecticut location.
The Statistics and Data Analytics team recognizes & supports the power of turning data into insights. We are seeking a confident and enthusiastic statistician to join our team. As a Statistician you will help guide the company as it navigates through a myriad of engineering and business challenges. You will work on deeply diverse projects that require significant knowledge of statistics, and have the opportunity every single day to apply, and develop your skills in nearly every area of statistics. The Statistician will work effectively with others to address diverse challenges within a rigorous statistical framework.
As part of our Statistics and Data Analytics team, your key focus areas will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and analysts using classical and modern statistical learning methods
- Communicate effectively with non-statisticians and engage in engineering discussions with all levels of the organization
- Train engineers in various systems and technologies including Minitab, R, and survival analysis
- Exhibit proven knowledge in High Dimensional Data Analysis, Bayesian Methods, Survival Analysis, Machine Learning, Data Management, General Linear Models, Probability, Hypothesis Testing, Experimental Design, Categorical Data Analysis, Statistical Process Control
- Participate in external and internal learning opportunities
- Relocation provided
- MS Degree in Statistics (Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Operations Research)
- Experience in Data Science, Â and Big Data Tools, and Machine learning
- 1-3 years of statistical work experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01290632
Community / Marketing Title: Statistician
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US