Indirect Procurement Manager
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 7770
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01290587 Date posted 01/28/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. You will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Pratt and Whitney has an exciting & challenging opportunity for an Indirect Procurement Manager based in West Palm Beach, Florida.
The Global Supply Chain team is responsible for working closely with suppliers across the world to ensure we deliver affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs. Our team fosters an internal environment that thrives with utilization of the UTC Continuous Improvement ACE operating system, while coaching and supporting the supply base to ensure they meet our quality standards and achieve success in their lean journey.
Do you take initiative and are motivated by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow? If so, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for!
As an Indirect Procurement Manager, you will provide a high level of customer focus while meeting complex and challenging business objectives. You will support the West Palm Beach Site including all Test System Engineering, Facilities and Services, and Module Centers and Operations as required. You will utilize extraordinary problem-solving skills, providing innovative solutions and building energized and collaborative relationships across the many P&W functional groups and systems: Quality, Materials, ACE/Continuous Improvement, Production Readiness, Engineering, Material Control Lab, Engineering Source Approval (ESA), Global Work Share (GWS), PWA300, SAP, SRM, SNC with multiple suppliers. You will manage customer and vendor relationships.
- Managing supplier relationships, including delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management and savings initiatives. Working with onsite Integration directing Wesco, IFM, HAAS, K&S to implement and or increase scope of responsibilities and efficiencies to meet customer and UTC expectations.
- Overseeing purchase order execution and product delivery, ensuring placement of on-time schedule agreements, billing adjustments, terminations mitigation and cost reduction goals execution.
- Aligning with compliance aspects of the P&W Procurement Manual, GSC Standard Work, UTC Code of Ethics, International Trade Compliance, and Quality requirements.
- Engaging with the Strategic Sourcing team and participating in long term sourcing decisions.
- Coordinating and interacting with personnel such as TSE, F&S, MC&O, IT, Quality, Finance, Legal, EH&S, MCL, ESA and Continuous Improvement Specialists providing procurement & materials management for the commodities.
- Leading quotation, cost analysis/price justification, market share appropriations, and placement of agreements are completed on-time and in compliance with all appropriate regulations & procedures.
- Reducing all forms of quality and delivery turn backs through weekly QCPC / MRP turn back meetings.
- Implementing effective Delivery/Quality with suppliers, as required, support supplier meetings to resolve quality issues, attend and support Business Unit Reviews focused on delivery and Purchasing Operation Review's (POR's), to communicate efforts that reduce Indirect Product cost.
- Fostering active daily use of the Continuous Improvement activities through ACE tool usage to improve EH&S, quality, delivery, financial, employee engagement to drive immediate and sustained customer happiness.
- Actively drive Supplier Gold by participating in supplier improvement activities & Critical Supplier Reviews (CSRs). Establishing supplier performance metrics engaging key internal customers.
- Ability to travel; there is a 5-10% travel associated with this position.
- Bachelors' Degree.
- Minimum seven years' experience in supply chain/operations, procurement, engineering, finance or project management/program management with a Bachelors' Degree OR minimum five years' experience in supply chain/operations, procurement, engineering, finance or project management/program management with an Advanced Degree/MBA.
- US Citizenship is required due to Government contract.
- MBA a plus.
- PMP Certification, or Six Sigma, or Lean Certification a plus.
- Strong data analysis, analytical, collaborative and influencing skills.
- Financial skills in the areas of project cost, margin opportunity and return on investment.
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management.
- Customer-focused mindset and ability to build relationships and work cross-functionally across value streams.
- Demonstrated ability communicating throughout all executive and non-executive levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to present to Leadership.
- Proficiency in MS Office - PowerPoint, Excel.
- Experience in SAP (preferred).
- Excellent people and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01290587
Community / Marketing Title: Indirect Procurement Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US