Ultrasonic/NDT Inspector 2nd Shift
Location: Clayville, New York US
Job Number: 7769
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01290598 Date posted 01/28/2019 City Clayville State New York Country United States
United States of America
PW106: Clayville 2395 Main Street, Clayville, NY, 13322 USA
- PrattandWhitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Job Responsibilities for the NDT Ultrasonic Technician:
- Work from quality control requirements and utilize standard methods and techniques to detect defects in forging multiples and assure quality of the product
- Utilize proper methods of ultrasonic, etch and dimensional inspection
- prepping samples under a microscope
- knowledge of scientific theory to test samples at different levels.
- Perform routine and minor maintenance to ensure ultrasonic, etch and dimensional equipment is clean and functioning properly.
- Ensure timely processing of material through NDT
- Record complete and accurate records of all tests and test results
- Perform multiple etch inspection and blasting of etched multiples.
- Successfully pursue and pass a qualification examination for ultrasonic level I inspector
- Perform daily calibration and checks of equipment ensuring equipment integrity
- Maintain immersion tanks and water ensuring the greatest accuracy of testing possible.
- May be required to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this position in support of department objectives and to develop one's skills
- Adhere to ACE guidelines and perform ACE duties as required
- Adhere to all EH & S guidelines, including wearing of required personal protective equipment
- Duties related to Hazardous Waste Water Treatment Operations (Acid Rinse Tank, Neutralization Tank, Evaporator Operations, Filter Press Operation, F006 Sludge and Remnant Evaporator material "Evaporator Bottoms")
- Must be able to stand throughout shift and lift 25 lbs. independently
- Requires a basic knowledge of computer functionality
- Must be able to work from written instructions
- Must pass annual eye examination due to inspection requirements
- Must be physically capable of: bending, lifting, squatting, twisting, overhead reaching, standing on feet for long period of time - up to 8 hrs, and climbing stairs
- Requires High School Diploma or GED
- Requires High School Diploma or GED
- Prefer a 2 year technical degree
- Prefer mechanical aptitude skills
- Must have basic computer skills
- Prefer work related experience in proper methods of ultrasonic, etch and dimensional inspection
- Requires excellent math and measurement skills
- Requires good communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01290598
Community / Marketing Title: Ultrasonic/NDT Inspector 2nd Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Clayville, New York US